Chasing Games/toys

Pawbla

Experienced Member
So apparently my dog's new favorite toy is this:

I'll post a video of him playing with it later haha. Do you know any similar toys, but for dogs? This would break easily with him, I think.

brody_smom

Experienced Member
I bought a similar one for our cats, but Brody enjoys it more than they do. I think it was Kong, and cost about $8.

Evie

Experienced Member
LOL! If it makes you feel any better Evie is OBSESSIVE about chasing my horse's lunge whip. Similar concept (but much stronger than the cat toy), would probably work quite well if you couldn't find a suitable dog toy.

Evie gets that obsessive that we have to hide it from her when she isn't looking or she won't move away from it and will bark if we don't make it move for her.. and Evie is a VERY quiet dog, doesnt bark often at all

Pic of a lunge whip if you didn't know what it is

Pawbla

Experienced Member
What are good commands to be taught with the flirt pole? I can already think it'd be a great way to proof a stay, but what else?

Also, after searching a lot I can't find one and importing things to my country only gets harder, so I'll try to build him one. What is the best length for the PVC pipe? Does a smaller pipe give you more or less control?

sharkomantis

My sister did this weird thing where she tied her dog's fav toy on a stick and put it on her back. Didn't work as well as she hoped, but I'm not surprised lol

A dog tracker also helps when you're feeling paranoid for some reason.