Car Aggression?!?

bella_eddie

Hi all. I'm very new here with a serious problem. We only have two dogs, our 4yr old female is a pitt bull amstaff cross and the we have a 1yr old Rocky Carver red nose APBT male. Bella is a real sweet heart and very protective of children and also of me, she has no real problems except maybe her weight, which is due to a broken leg that never healed properly, other than that, no problems. Our issue is with Edward, I don't know if it's pent up energy, frustration or if he's just territorial, but he gets extremely aggressive in the car, it's a problem since I have two kids that share the backseat with him. He jumps and barks and growls at every animal, even the pigeons on the side of the road, this morning he scratched my son's face, not intentionally but it could have been worse. He wears a harness and he seems to be a little calmer when I restrain him with the seat belt. No, he's not neutered, and I don't intend to either. Neutering MAY help, but it could also make the problem worse and I'm not willing to take that risk. If there was a 100% chance that it would help him and he'd be calmer, I'd do it, but there's no guarantee. Leaving him home is also not an option since he suffers from severe separation anxiety, but the moment he then gets in the car, he'll even bark at me and then nip at me. He sometimes even jumps onto me while I'm driving. He's otherwise really sweet and even behaves himself(when he feels like it). He's just like kid in the house. I don't know what to do anymore, any advise would be welcome. Thanks

Attachments

bella_eddie

Just an update.. I found that that a spray bottle with just water in, works wonders as Eddie doesn't like water. He just sees the bottle and then behaves. A lot of moaning going on but that I can live with.(y)