Baby Food Ice Cubes

Ariel

Experienced Member
Since we've had record high temps this summer in North Carolina, I've been struggling to keep the dogs cool. I stumbled upon this heat blasting recipe sort of by accident, but the dogs love them nonetheless!

Kismet has an easily upset stomach, so when she has soft poop instead of dry food we feed her either chicken baby food with sweet potato baby food or canned pumpkin. I had mixed her a jar of chicken and several spoonfuls of pumpkin and put it in a bowl. She didn't finish it, so on accident I put it in the freezer instead of the fridge. When I finally found it several hours later it was frozen, and all the dogs took turns licking at it.

The easiest way to do this would be to use an ice cube tray, but a popsicle tray or dish would work fine. Also you can dilute the mixture prior to feeding with water or pedialyte to help keep your pups cool, hydrated, and happy.

If my picky pups love them, yours will too!

Ariel

Experienced Member
No, no, I think you may have read it wrong. Kismet doesn't get soft poo because it's hot out, she ate some deer poop from the yard, and is especially sensitive when it comes to stomach upset. It's an occasional issue, but I'm aware and watching it. Kizzie has upset tummy once every couple of months, it just happened recently, which is how I discovered the ice cubes.

Also I'm not feeding homemade dog food. I'm using the baby food as a treat, not a meal. Just wanted to clear up those confusions. Thanks for the advice!

Ariel

Experienced Member
Hehe, I can't say I've ever had an issue with coprophagia. My dogs also know leave it really well. :D It's ok, I'm new, it's alright to confuse me with others.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
see, Ariel was replying to me, and i asked mods to remove my posts, cuz mine were all whack, and now, it appears Ariel is replying to herself,:whistle: but, i'm here to say, she is not, and her replies were very good replies:D before i deleted my posts!:LOL:

the fault here is mine, not hers, not at all. Her posts were all great, i just misunderstood and ruined poor Ariel's nice thread, so i removed my posts, cuz my replies were whack.
(i know, so hard to imagine, ME? making a whacko post?:LOL: go onnnn....)

Pawtential Unleashed

Experienced Member
Ariel - shy?....*giggle*

Just kidding - along this same line - we recently made up some of Kongs new Easy Freeze treat mix at work to share with customers while they were waiting for the Vetco clinic - dogs loved them - well most of them - some of them looked like they had been asked to eat a Brussel Sprout...:LOL:

And then I found this organic Freezy Pup one - very cool! :cool: