Agility Equipment

Ariel

Experienced Member
It's not hard to make your own equipment. That's what we did. For fairly reasonable prices you can get things like pool noodles, pvc piping, glues and tapes. The only one you may have to buy is a tunnel/chute.

Tâmara Vaz

Experienced Member
Use your criativity! You can make jumps with boxes, buckets, pipes, sticks...Almost anything!
For the hoop you can use a bicycle tire, a hula hoop... For the tunnel I use a long box(not prefect, but cool)...

For the others I have no ideas, but pipes are very useful... :)

Mutt

Experienced Member
@southerngirl, make sure when you do that that the broom will fall of (will move with your dog) when Missy touches it. otherwise your dog can hurt yourself. So you can only jump one way.

Making your own equipment is great (well in my case my brother makes them), but they should always be safe!

southerngirl

Honored Member
I actually did use to put it in between totally forgot, but I stop after I figured out it was dangerous if were not to clear it. She never had a problem jumping over it and never came close to knocking it off when I put it under the arm of the chair. Here is a video at the end I use the chair(before I knew about it being dangerous to put it in between) so you can see about how high it is.

KatieMarie

I have a very old video of Kricket jumping..it was from when I first started jumping her and had to go over jumps with her. I used to use whatever I could find, now I built my own. Three jumps and a set of six channel weaves for $14.

KatieMarie

Sorry that they are blurry, I am not sure what is going on with my camera. But this goes to show that anything can be used..even a random bush! Kricket jumps 3'6" reliably so I don't have any worries about her hitting the saw horse, and if she misjudged, she can easily push off of the top. :)

Pawbla

Experienced Member
The blurriness in the second one is a focus problem. Try a "macro" or "portrait" setting :). In the third one there is a small motion blur, but unless you have plenty of daylight, it's hard to avoid considering she probably moves very fast.

KatieMarie

The blurriness in the second one is a focus problem. Try a "macro" or "portrait" setting :). In the third one there is a small motion blur, but unless you have plenty of daylight, it's hard to avoid considering she probably moves very fast.
Thank you. I was not taking the photos, my mom was. I shoot in manual and don't have problems such as those, and my mom uses auto and doesn't usually have issues with that lens either. I think I am going to run a few tests and see if I need to have the lens mico adjusted and the motor looked at, because it's usually spot on..

Pawbla

Experienced Member
Thank you. I was not taking the photos, my mom was. I shoot in manual and don't have problems such as those, and my mom uses auto and doesn't usually have issues with that lens either. I think I am going to run a few tests and see if I need to have the lens mico adjusted and the motor looked at, because it's usually spot on..
Yeah, I assumed, since I assume you were the one standing in them? Haha!
Maybe it's a bit dirty, but usually these kind of problems are not lens related but rather user related. If she was shooting on "automatic", the second one was a "though" shot for the camera. There was plenty of background to choose from rather than foreground. If your mom is like mine, she probably just shot before focusing, so the camera was forced to pick.