Yup - Another Newbie!

rightturn

Hello, as you may have already guessed, I am new on this forum. I just stumbled across it when I was trying to find some new tricks to teach my dogs.

I have two Boxers, a 1 year old fawn female named Ava and a 9 month old brindle male named Clyde. Both are in agility classes and we hope to be competing by next Spring. I've been on a hunt for new tricks, since it seems I have taught them everything I know, but it's getting difficult to find new tricks, so I will gladly accept any ideas for new tricks!

Right now they know 31 commands but only seven of those are actually tricks, the rest are basic obedience type stuff (sit, down, stay, wait, backup, get up, off, come, et cetera....) and maybe 10 or so of those are just agility commands (Over, tip-it, walk-it, tunnel, et cetera...)

I recently found a list of more tricks to teach them, but I am open to suggestions!

Thanks!

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
:welcome: to the Academy! I'm sure you will find plenty of ideas on this forum as many members share your passion for training tricks. :) You can also check out our monthly challenges where each month we select a trick to teach our dog.

zcoonhound

I recently found a list of more tricks to teach them, but I am open to suggestions!
Wow a list??? Oh share with us please!

I just stumbled across it when I was trying to find some new tricks to teach my dogs.
LOL, I wonder just how many of us found this site by searching for tricks and trick training. I know I did.

Welcome to the Academy, where EVERYONE is just crazy about tricks and the whole idea is having fun with your canine buddy!

stormi

Hi,

Yup, I too found the site when looking for inspiration for new things to teach my dogs.

Fabulous that you are hoping to compete your boxers in agility, sounds like they will have a lot of fun, they are obviously very clever dogs.