Your Suggestions For Revamping Library

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Everyone. It's no surprise that I think the section that lacks the most on the DTA is the Library. I know that I won't have time until next winter to do anything about it, but for now it would be great to gather ideas on how to make it better.

I personally was thinking of a Book & DVD review section. Where members could create a review of books and dvds, be able to give them a rating, and even include a video review if they wanted. I'd also like to enable it to have multiple reviews by several members for the same book.

It would have to be user-interactive because I honestly don't have the time to read and write book/dvds reviews personally. :)

What do you think? Thoughts? Let me know. They'll sit in my subconscious until next winter. :dogsmile:

lizzyrd

Experienced Member
I can see the Book & DVD reviews being nice for some folks that are into those, although I would probably only read the comments and not purchase any books or dvds.

Personally, I would like to see the library contain more DIY instructions for creating dog related items such as clothes, toys, gates, playpens, and training equipment. I made some of your braided tug toys and Chimera loves, loves, loves them! :)

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for your input. I don't plan on selling anything, just want to add value to the section. I guess we could get rid of the library and create another section, however I don't know what it could be...

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
I think that's a great idea. I definitely think the library section could be very helpful to a lot of people, if there was a visible, direct link to it somewhere that was easily accessible. Maybe split it into Book/DVD reviews, DIY, Behavior Problems, Puppy Predicaments, Trick Training, etc. Maybe not enable comments, because then it would basically be an extra forum, which is useless. Just be articles--read them, enable "liking" if possible, maybe rating, but aside from that no comments. This way people don't have to skim through a bunch of conversation or anything; they can just read the article, and if they have questions they can go to the forums.

lizzyrd

Experienced Member
I really like Tx_cowgirl's idea. Sounds like a very full library and eliminates the problem of comments.