"your Dog Is A Copycat"

Discussion in 'Off-Topic & Chit Chat' started by Pawbla, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Pawbla Experienced Member

I know this is not exactly new, but:
    link to news
    It's a study on this! I have the paper on my to-read list. I can't wait to read about the methods they used!
    kassidybc likes this.

2. kassidybc Experienced Member

That's really interesting. I will definitely be trying this out with Chloe. Let us know how it goes if you test this!
    Pawbla likes this.
  3. Pawbla Experienced Member

Yeah, I'll read it soon to check what methods they used exactly. Though, from what I read, the sample size is very small (just 8 dogs, and 4 of them were BCs) so I don't know if this would work on all dogs.
  4. running_dog Honored Member

Very cool... lets do this as a trick challenge :)
  5. Ripleygirl Experienced Member

Very interesting. So does that mean that is why Ripley always digs more out on a walk after I have been gardening? :confused:
  6. Pawbla Experienced Member

Well... my teacher always said that he thought that one of the main reasons dogs dug was that they wanted to "garden" like us :p
    Ripleygirl likes this.
  7. Ripleygirl Experienced Member

I think I may agree with your teacher!!!

Seriously though I do think it would make a great trick challenge!
  8. Pawbla Experienced Member

Yeah me too! I'll try to read it asap and post the method here. I started reading it but (a) I have an exam tomorrow and (b) it made reference to methods in other papers and I had to track them down too. I spent the time I was going to use on reading it on finding the paper "dependencies" haha.
    Ripleygirl likes this.
  9. running_dog Honored Member

10. jackienmutts Honored Member

The Do As I Do training videos on Youtube are amazing to watch!
    running_dog and Ripleygirl like this.
  11. Pawbla Experienced Member

Let's start one then!
    running_dog and Ripleygirl like this.
  12. running_dog Honored Member

Thanks! I'll check them out, We're hoping to start a new challenge on Monday (we're just finishing "hide your eyes").
    Ripleygirl likes this.
  13. running_dog Honored Member