Youch!

mewzard

Experienced Member
Oka's foot is now a very expensive foot. We were playing fetch in the garden (Oka, Foster puppy and I), we came in and someone is tracking bloody through the house. Check foster puppys mouth (teething) and the paws and nothing there - breath a small sigh of relief.

Check Oka's paws, and.... you guessed it ..... one split toe pad. Decided to wait till the next day as it didn't look too deep, no yelping or limping, next day most of the top had joined together and looked like it was healing. Then the day after - Wednesday - it looked twice as deep and "wet". So off to the vet to get it checked out (thinking they would say it'll heal itself).
One staple, anti-bs, painkiller, a bandage to her hock and £140 ($226) later!! She looks delightful!!

She's been back for a check and it's starting to heal, another clean bandage, handed our insurance claim forms in (so we can get our money paid back to us).

She goes back Tuesday and if they are happy she will get a lovely plastic booty to protect it for a while. In all i think it will work out around £200 ($322) ...for one game of fetch!

sara

Staff member
Awe that sucks! Oliver came to me with a half healed hole in his pad, it kept breaking open every time he went to play outside. I had to keep a bootie on him, and spray the bootie with bitter apple.

He's ripped that spot open several times since, playing fetch :rolleyes: Silly dogs.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
AWwwww...sorry to hear it....and youch is right!
My neighbor's dog had a similar thing, cost them quite a bit, but, paw heeled up just fine though.

Anneke

Honored Member
Poor Oka!!
Cooper had somthing similar a few years ago. A very deep cut, but the vet didn't do anything to it. Just cleaned it up, had to give some antibiotics and soak the paw in soda(baking soda)
Had Cooper wear a boot too, he didn't mind it at all.
Took a while to heal up.