You Do Not Need Photobucket To Post Photos Here!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Probably lots of people already know this,
but one does not need to sign up for a photo-hosting service, like photobucket,
to post photos on DogTrickAcademy.:D:)

If your photos are stored on either a CD,
or in your computer,
you can just click on the grey button present under all comment boxes, which reads "UPLOAD A FILE"
then select "My Pictures" or whatever your computer calls your photo area,
then click onto photo that you want,
and it uploads!:D:eek: Takes about 1 second to upload.

'UPLOAD A FILE' also means "UPLOAD A PHOTO":D

a "FILE" is also a "photo", see?

then, prior to posting your comment,
you have option, of choosing "thumbnail" or "full size image".

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
A few years ago, i lost a ton of photos,:oops: which i foolishly had stored ONLY on a photo-hosting site, when it closed up shop and quit. I've forgotten the name of that site, but, it was a big, well known popular photo hosting site.

I probably could have saved all my photos, but, i had no idea the site was shutting down for good, so it was a bummer.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
What would really be super cool, is, if Jean the admin wanted to re-label the grey button to read:
"Upload a File OR a Photo".
^
that'd probably solve it! It does seem like sometimes, some new members are not sure how to post their photos of their dogs.
But, i have no idea if that is even possible to change/re-label such buttons, or he might not think it is good idea to change it.
I think some ppl like me might not always think of photos as "files", and probably Jean is smarter than most ppl, so he does know that files are photos, but maybe some ppl don't realize that..?

sara

Staff member
I actually hate when people DONT use photobucket (or another photo hosting site) as it makes loading the page and scrolling down really SLOW. I get annoyed and quit looking at the pics. I actually asked Jean if there was some way he could make photohosting sites mandatory, as for people with slow computers have a heck of a time. Most forums make it mandatory, but Jean said there's no way to do that on here. But it would be awesome if most people would use them, especially when posting lots of photos.

Dogster

Honored Member
Hmmm, I didn't know that. All the pictures seem to take the same time to load.:cautious: I'll keep that in mind, Sara.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
OH, i had no idea, Sara, my computer is NOT like that, not at all. I didn't realize some computers still had trouble to see photos,:notworthy: but i can imagine, that would be a bummer if just looking at a photo took a long time. Now i understand, it's just new idea to me.
None of the multiple forums i belong to, have this "mandatory" photo hosting you refer to, but, if it helps you i am glad it is there.

So Sara, if you look at a photo that is 'hosted', ppl with computers like yours can see the photo right away,
but, if photo is embedded, then you have to wait a while to see a photo? Is that right?

Sometimes i have trouble seeing videos now and then when something is offkilter in my computer, but, yeah, that would be a bummer to not even be able to see photos.:oops:

salixfire

Just in case people didn't know, you can also link them in from Facebook if you have posted them there. Right click on the picture you want to share, select the "copy image url" then on this site use the "insert/edit image" button and paste the link in that way.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
GREAT tip, Salix, i did not know that!!
Imgur is pretty simple site, too. No need to sign in, no account, no passwords, (you CAN make acct and store photos if you want to, but you don't HAVE TO) It's sort of like the photohosting version of a "point and shoot" camera.:ROFLMAO:
Imgur is just a whambam way to post a photo, even into facebook comments:eek: , one can post a photo into a facebook comment via Imgur. It takes all of 15 seconds on my computer to do this, but, your mileage may vary.

http://imgur.com/
Imgur gives a person something like 5 ways or links to post, and one IS a url, probably could be used for DTA as well, but i haven't tried it on DTA, as i myself find photohosting a pain to do, when just "uploading a file photo" is sooooooo much easier for a "non-computer" person like *me*:ROFLMAO: .

sara

Staff member
I think my computer is so slow because I have too many pictures on it :) It was better before, but now anytime someone uploads files, it takes too long to load. I have a laptop.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Sara, i had exact same problem!! and my guy said, "videos" stored in a computer totally eat up a computer's memory, big time. (who knew?)
so i burned all my photos to a CD, and wow, my computer runs better!:D I can still click on any photo, and insert it into a post,
even from the CD. :) I jsut put the CD into the slot in the computer, and WA-LA! On my computer, those photos/files show up as DVD RW DRIVE "E".
I freed up TONS of memory, which makes a computer go way faster.
this might be worth a shot, Sara, and i bet you have tons of uploaded videos, eating up your computer's memory/slowing you down. But, if you burn those videos to a CD, your vids would be safer (in case you crash computer like i did this year)
and you can still access them and stuff, while freeing up memory.
worth a try maybe.

GOOD LUCK! If you need techy help, my guy is real smart about computers, i can read him your questions, you can msg me if you want help to burn a CD.. First time i ever burned a CD, i needed help to do it.

Chardogs

I'm still having trouble uploading a photo signature I found where you do it but can you upload a photo for it from your files on the computer????

sara

Staff member
When you are on the album page. Hover your mouse over the picture you want to choose. there will be a list of links underneath. click on the one that says IMG code. It will say copied. Paste it on your post and there ya go!

I didn't use photobucket to do my signature pic. I just resized the pic until it was within the size parameters they ask for, and uploaded it from my computer.