Working Dog And Laundry Work

mewzard

Experienced Member
yay Fly!! Oka likes to help put washing in the machine or the dryer. I've not thought of asking her to help take it from the line. I would be a bit worried that she would "help" when i'm not out with her and end up with a lot of dirty washing...:confused:

Also -wow- apparently i can still somewhat read French even though i haven't done any study of it for 10 years

fly30

Experienced Member
That's what is great with Fly, she will not make any decision on getting things done without being invited to do so. I can trust her with the laundry on the line.

Good idea for the washing machine and the dryer.

Well done for reading French (y)

mewzard

Experienced Member
That's what is great with Fly, she will not make any decision on getting things done without being invited to do so. I can trust her with the laundry on the line.

Good idea for the washing machine and the dryer.

Well done for reading French (y)
Oka likes to make her own mind up - A LOT! She decides she's done or that she's done enough. Like /Spin/ for instance she does one spin and then sits there waiting for her treat...i have to lure her to do 2 in a row...but next time back to just one :rolleyes:.

This Spring she has been good about leaving the washing on the line.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Fly, i so enjoy your videos, and always feel inspired to try harder to be creative with my dog, too!!! ADORABLE video, i too, so so love how your dog mumbles to himself as he works along!! makes me smile so big!

MY dog would obsess on that laundry basket....to him, laundry baskets are right up there with real live bunnies and cats.............Buddy just obsesses on laundry baskets, he almost quivers to see a new one....he almost drools at the sight.

We gave him his very own collection, he has 3 outdoor baskets that he herds around the yard,
and 2 or 3 indoors, too, which he herds around inside the house.

Buddy is VERY fussy about which baskets are indoors and which ones are for outdoor play. If we move a basket from inside to outside, he drops what he is doing to correct our crime, bringing the basket back inside the house, and then he looks at us as if we are crazy.

Oddly, every evening, Buddy puts all his indoor laundry baskets under the dining room table for the night. We do not know why. It's his own idea, we did not teach him that.

Like Fly's dog who never mistakes which laundry he can/can not touch,
my dog never ever ever confuses MY laundry baskets, which is he is NOT allowed to touch,
with HIS very own collections of laundry baskets. He does like to admire my laundry baskets, gazing at them longingly every once a while..... but, he's never ever touched one of MINE.

fly30

Experienced Member
Thanks for Fly :)

Tigerlili, your Buddy is so funny. After all, you don't know which laundry basket is for outdoor or indoor but he does ! Clever dog ! And he seems well organized !

Ina

Tigerlily, I wish my dog would have any sense of cleaning up his toys :-)
Don't you think it's incredible that all dogs are so very much unique. You can have 100 dogs and every single one is different. Just like kids (even though mine are all the same when it comes to cleaning up - dog, kids, husband and ME ..hehe.. )

Dodge

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:tigerlily,my word I had to laugh at your post!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OOOOPS,posted to early:oops:
Fly is just dead amazing,she s such a clever girl,I would love to know how you taught her,Dodge would run of with the socks,I m sure:LOL:

Dodge

I asked Dodge nicely . . . .his respond was . . . . . oooh,I lurve playing tug with socks ))drooool(( :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Clever girl Fly:love: