Wish Us Luck!

mewzard

Experienced Member
We have a home check tomorrow morning for Dog Fostering! I have my fingers crossed!! We were told on the phone that we probably wouldn't have too much of an issue seeing as we have a large dog already (e.g high fences, good sized garden)...but never count your chickens as they say.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
OH GOOD LUCK MEWZARD! You should have the investigators (lol, for lack of a better word)
come over here, all of us here on DTA can vouch for YOU!!! I think you'd ROCK at fostering dogs.

mewzard

Experienced Member
Wow thanks everyone.
I think it went really well - it was a pretty short visit. She was pleased with our garden saying it was 'very' enclosed (which it is). Happy about where we let Oka (and potential fosters) sleep, and our arrangements for when we are out. She will call the center later and then, if it is a yes, we get the info for the web forum where you chose your foster.:D

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Mewzard, is one of your dogs a lil dog-aggressive a bit, or, am i remembering that incorrectly? Is that a concern at all, or i am all mixed up on who around here has a dog-aggressive dog. (lol, would NOT be first time i get all mixed up, ha ha)
GLAD THE HOME VISIT WENT WELL!!
We had one once, for a border collie rescue org, which lasted FOUR hours! we were surprised, we figured about an hour or so.

mewzard

Experienced Member
We were approved!! :D Just need to wait for access to thier fosterer forum, were you can select a dog that needs a foster carer, could have our first charge next Sunday!
Tigerlilly, we only have the one dog. She isn't dog aggressive at all, she's overly friendly - mainly because she needs a doggy friend. :LOL:

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
YAY, :D CONGRADULATIONS!
well, i DID indeed have you mixed up with someone else, lol, sorry! Well, then this will be GREAT for your 'lonesome' dog, rofl! This is a win-win, all the way around then, for you, and for the dogs, too!
keep us posted how it goes! And good on you for helping out all the dogs in need out there!!

mewzard

Experienced Member
Hehe Sara!
I think we've decided to delibrately pick a dog that will fit in here but we wouldn't particually chose as one to "stay" if that makes sense - hopefully that way we wouldn't be tempted to keep it.
We aren't opposed to keeping one if we really cant let it go but that would be one less spot for a foster - we can have 3 dogs on our property without notifying our landlord. I'd rather have 2 fosters than use up that space for one of our own - at the moment anyway. Also we aren't financially stable enough to have another 'keeper'; the foster dogs stuff is paid for by the center....so no extra expense for us - just time and love to be given.

Lexy88

Good on you. We would love to foster but are renting our house and our landlady tolerates one giant dog and two cats already... Id love to foster for an organization in NZ called GAP [Greyhounds As Pets] - its for rehoming retired racing greyhounds :) We are saving for our own place so hopefully one day!