Which section of the Academy do you love best?

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Which section of the Academy do you love best? And why?

If the section you love best is not listed, please mention it in your response. Also please do share any improvements you might like to see added or modified at the Academy.

Suggestions are very welcomed! :dogbiggrin:

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
My favorite is the lounge. I love the friendly atmosphere of it, and I really enjoy giving and getting advice from all of the members. I have learned so much from just reading the discussions here and seeing all of the different methods people use. It is not only interesting, but very informative. You could pay for obedience class after obedience class after obedience class and still not learn as much as you do here at the Lounge. There are so many people from so many places who know so many different approaches to dog training. I know I've hit roadblocks with my dogs before and run out of ideas for new tricks, and that's how I found this site. I was looking for more things to teach my dogs. Now, I've learned so much more than just more tricks.

CollieMan

Experienced Member
Has to be the lounge. The arcade is nice, but it's really just a distraction. Blogs are great too, but I'm already committed to my main blog elsewhere. So the forums remain the best aspect for me.

zcoonhound

I enjoy the lounge here because everyone is friendly, concerned, and tolerant of each other's differences. The biggest plus is that this forum is loyal to its purpose: dog trick training

szecsuani

Experienced Member
The Lounge. Becouse this is where real life is, this is where we can get to know eachother, and this is where all the challanges are. So definitely the Lounge.

And the Arcade's puzzle game section! :LOL:

bekah1001

Honored Member
I like the classroom and the lounge becuase the classroom show you how to trian your dog but I also like the lounge because you can share infromation get advice,and etc:dogtongue2:

storm22

Experienced Member
i like the lounge, its just a good atomshpere but i also like the pictures and videos areas too

l_l_a

I simply couldn't make up my mind to vote!!

I will say this, I love the collegial atmosphere of the lounge and exchanging so much useful info, but I think what stands out to me about this site is the classroom and the blogs and video gallery.

Lots of other dog sites have forums where you can learn info and get to know people (although this is one of the friendliest I've seen!!). Lots of other dog sites have a place to post pictures of your dogs.

But I've not found other sites that have a good organized section of step-by-step training videos, I think this is a unique resource.

Also I like the blogs because I love how people are using it to document and share their thoughts and experiences in more detail than on the lounge, or in a "series".

Finally I really like the video gallery because if a picture is worth a thousand words, then a video is worth...?

dat123

Experienced Member
I like all parts of the academy, but mostly the lounge and the videos.
The lounge gives us a chance to exchange ideas and swap information, the videos are a great way to show our dogs and what their doing, sort-of puts a face to the names.