Where is Snooks?

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Lol poor Snooks. Rehabilitation sucks after surgery....ugh. But maybe since you've had to have this before your recovery should be quicker? Or will it be longer? Either way, warm thoughts to you. :)

Speaking of cool collars, a year or two back I tried just wrapping up ice in a bandanda and then tying the bandana around my neck...cool, cheap alternative to keep cool! Worked GREAT. Kept meaning to try to actually make something better, but never got around to it. You could easily sew a zipper or just use some velcro to make a pocket for the ice--I had just rolled the bandana around the ice, but velcro or a zipper would've been much more handy. Anyway, that's a cheap way to keep you or your dog cool. Wouldn't tske long to make, either.

Lol troublesome Kimber. Kimber is the younger one right??? Ugh, Houston has got to be one of the WORST places to live in Texas, in terms of climate. I hate that place with a passion.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
How clever about the bandana! I'll probably end up trying that someday, somewhere..
I reeeally like Buddy's ice collar and would recommend it to any dog. A person can use it, too. You can fill it either with ice to melt and drip wonderfully all down your neck, or, with the gel-thingie that sips in it.

HOPE SNOOKS EVER COMES BACK!!? Maybe i should send her a cool collar...:msnohyes: she was saying she had no air conditioner now.

snooks

Experienced Member
I'm back to two hands typing anyway. I can move elbow and hand but not shoulder yet. I get to start that next week. Thank goodness. At least typing isn't a huge exercise in how slow can I go. :dogwacko:

Yes Kimber is the younger reforming hooligan. She's actually doing quite well if I compare her to all of my other dogs at this age. Goldens get to about 2 years old and a light goes on somewhere that says behaving and being very good is more fun than not. She's actually the best dog I've had so far at figuring out very complicated things so she impressing me more every day. They also learn from watching one another without ever doing the behavior themselves.

I've had so many people come in to help me that both dogs are very good now at staying on their beds until released. Some exceptions are people that come in and squeal with delight at the sight of dogs even though instructed not to. I don't think any Golden could resist that. :dogrolleyes:

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
YAY SNOOKS IS BACK!

Lol I couldn't help but get excited when I saw the portal today flooded with Snooks's replies. ^^

Yay maturity, haha!

snooks

Experienced Member
I'm still around and haven't gone anywhere. I realized summer was gone and its snowing quite beautifully outside. I've got the ongoing divorce of a year now, in which my soon to be ex brought my service dog videos off YouTube to court to illustrate that my shoulder surgery was no big deal even though my arm still types only on low. So I'm still lurking but not typing well yet. I hope to be back soon since I miss all of the doggie interaction and the great posts. Happy, lucky, prosperous new year to all. I'll be back. :)

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
SNOOKS!! I was WONDERING where you went, was just fixing to send you a note to see where you went!!

Sorry about the big D, most of us have gone through at least one. Sorry about the war part of it....Hang in there, Snooks, it passes!! It really does!!

I know, after mine, i felt all sad for a while, til i got over it, then BAM!! The recovery curve on that one is like....slow progress...slow progress...then straight UP !!!

Soon, i found myself saying: " I lost 190 unwanted, ugly pounds!!!! and i never even felt hungry!!....i got a divorce!!":msngiggle:

HOpe to see you around here more again!! Miss ya!!:msnwink:

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
I've been wondering about you too!!!

Oh Snooks I'm so sorry. My brother is just getting into a divorce. Good luck, keep your head up, and hang in there. We miss you!!!

snooks

Experienced Member
Thanks for the support, it does help very much. We can do so much when we are inspired. My best wishes and + thoughts to ur brother TXCG. And Tigerlily, wow I'm truly impressed. 190 lbs! The power of positive for people and dogs. :dogrolleyes:

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Thanks, and best wishes to you as well. His divorce is very, very, very ugly.....his soon to be ex-wife is quite literally the spawn of Satan. If she has a heart at all it is most certainly made of stone. Ugh...anyway...hope your divorce isn't as ugly.

Really makes you appreciate the forgiving nature of our furry friends. No grudges, no revenge, no arguments, no backstabbing....just simple, loyal, lifetime companionship. :dogwub:

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
See Snooks, it was a joke, HE weighed 190 lbs...:msngiggle:

so, i could say "i lost 190 ugly, unwanted pounds..:dogtongue:and i was never even hungry...", see?

Tx is right, Stuff like that DOES indeed make me like dogs even more!!

HANG IN THERE SNOOKS!! Seems nothing lasts forever, not the good stuff, NOR THE BAD STUFF EITHER!