Where is Snooks?

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Ey, where is Snooks? I'm only in here now and then, I overdose on the site when i get a chance to, and then i'm gone for a while again....

but i haven't noticed Snooks just lately. What, is she off on vacation, in some hammock in the caribbean or what?:ycool:

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
I'm not sure. :dogsad: I've been really busy lately and haven't been on much so I haven't noticed who's active and who isn't, but now that I've been picking back up here she hasn't been on much and Dave's been more active. Lol. ^^

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, we haven't seen her in a while. I will e-mail her see how she is doing. :dogsmile:

jackienmutts

Honored Member
She had shoulder surgery, so is a little handicapped right now, but doing ok. Hopefully won't be out of commission for too, too long :-) j.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for letting us know. :dogsmile:

** I wish you a prompt recovery snooks! I hope everything turns out well with the surgery and that you are more healthy than ever! :) **

snooks

Experienced Member
Thanks so very much everyone. Sorry I dropped off the face of the earth. I can't pick up my laptop or type very well so it's like having an e-gag. :dogbiggrin: I got on today forced to renew my virus software and saw the notes. 4-5 more weeks and i can move my right arm. aack. Both of my dogs have discovered i'm a little slow and I swear they are laughing at me.

I recruited a fit 13 year old neighbor with a good tennis ball arm and she's been slinging tennis balls for me. tired dog is indeed a happy dog and a happy mom too. :dogblush:

Thanks for the well wishes, they are surely welcome. The pups' new trick is bring mom the pillow off the other end of the couch so she can rest her sling on it.

I've had some day help in and they've taught puppy that keep away with tomatoes and apples is great fun. puppy has a new best friend among my helpers and she's so playing up to that. corrective training about keep away (mostly for humans) is under way.

Puppy learned with some good practice in the last few weeks to pick up silverware and remotes with less slobber. the $$ digital clicker suffered a fatal crunch. :dogohmy:

My sense of humor has fortunately remained undiminished "so far." My dignity, I gave up on long ago when puppy pulled my onto my backside into the snow in front of the entire neighborhood whilst loading the schoolbus. Due to this the current slobber and peanut butter on my clean pants every day doesn't phase me.

carribean hammock....don't i wish...can you order me a pina colada too??

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Lol nice to have you here Snooks. I think a bunch of us regulars have been out and about away from DTA....

Wishing you a speedy recovery from myself, Mud, and the boys. :)

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Ya know, Tx, you are right, seems like DTA kinda slows a bit in the summer months, doesn't it? Wow, in the winter, it is bam! bam! Lotsa postings in the winter, but must be that summer sun calling us away from the computer more..:msncool:

Well, i'll have that rush of nonstop postings to look fwd to, :rules:get me through that brutal northern Indiana winter then!!
IN the meantime, if i get hungry for some good "dog talk" ha ha---i am catching up on reading stuff in old threads, some stuff Buddy does:dogwub: is already covered in old threads..

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome back snooks!

We missed you! We were all wondering .. 'hmm, where's snooks?'! :dogblush:

But I'm glad that things are getting better for you. A shoulder injury must really suck! And I appreciate that you've taken the time to write to us, even if it involved writing with just one hand.

Stay strong, and keep taking in positive energy within you, it'll make you heal faster. :dogbiggrin:

Sincerely,
Jean

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
tigerlily46514;18559 said:
Ya know, Tx, you are right, seems like DTA kinda slows a bit in the summer months, doesn't it? Wow, in the winter, it is bam! bam! Lotsa postings in the winter, but must be that summer sun calling us away from the computer more..:msncool:

Well, i'll have that rush of nonstop postings to look fwd to, :rules:get me through that brutal northern Indiana winter then!!
IN the meantime, if i get hungry for some good "dog talk" ha ha---i am catching up on reading stuff in old threads, some stuff Buddy does:dogwub: is already covered in old threads..
Yes I agree, the Academy definitely slows down in the summer. But for me, I've been quite busy with the leaderboard! I've pretty much worked on it every day for like 3 months, but I think it will be fantastic. At least, I hope. :dognowink:

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Ugh, summer sun calling us away....NOT HERE! 105+ degree weather I'll either be in a POOL or playing inside with the dogs. Lol. No siree, I am definitely NOT loving the summer. >< Ugh. The EARLY mornings and LATE evenings are wonderful(with the right amount of mosquito repellant) but unfortunately I usually either work until 10 at night or starting at 5 in the morning. 5-3 or 12-10....so I rarely am ever up early enough for the nice time of day, and if I am up, I'm stuck in a building. My park visits have all but disappeared, and my outside training time has been converted to trips to dog-friendly-air-conditioned buildings. It's been rainy lately but that's just made it unbearably humid. e-e Grr, this summer has me in crummy moods. :dogdry:

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Oh man. That is terrible. I usta live in Corpus Christi, once, and it was pretty hot!! And that was right on the ocean, with continuous breezes, so if you are inland some, i bet you ARE EVEN HOTTER!!!:grrrrrr:

BUT HOW LUCKY ARE YOU--A POOL!! :glasses:Guess those are REQUIRED down there, huh?

We get pretty hot here, too, about hi 80-90s, sometimes over 100, with 3000% humidity.:beurk: does odd things to my hair.... We hafta lay low during the late afternoons, too hot to be outside unless you are wet.

Every season here is SOOOooo extreme. Winters are brutal, below zero with tons of :coolsnow:snow, spring is :yrose:rainy and sudden as heck, fall is brilliant,:yhalloween: just almost fluorescent, and summer is...hot, smothering and hot and steamy.:p

But so far this summer, not too bad...oh, why did i say that? :dognowink: Now it'll be horrendous.

DRINK LOTSA FLUIDS, TX!!!:drunk:

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Lol. ^^ We're quite the opposite. We have blistering hot summer. Slightly less hot summer(spring). Something referred to as fall where the weather is more or the less the same as spring, except everything's dead. It's cooler I suppose. And then that small window of time where the weather is COMFORTABLE, sometimes jackets are needed, and once in a blue moon in might snow. I guess that's supposed to be winter, lol!

Yeah my trainer invited me to go to the park with her and the dogs today, but not sure if I want to go out in 100+ degree weather unless we're going to a park with a lake that the dogs can cool off in. Lol!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Tx, you are so funny!!!!

WE, too, have blistering hot summers...is weird, extreme climates here, all 4 of 'em, extreme. Our summers aren't as hot as yours, but we hit 100 regularly in a normal summer, 90s is very common. And the smothering HUMIDITYYYYYYYYYYYY...EEEEEEEEEE..Halp me! Halp me!
NO one ever invites Buddy to play with their dog! :dognowink:He is kinda dog-aggressive with some dogs...Well, Buddy DOES have one friend, maybe two dogs on our street that he will play nicely with....

So taking him to "Basic Manners" has only helped a teeny bit...NOw he is signed him up for new class, "Reactive Dogs" class...yikes! I can hardly keep Buddy distracted/calm around NONreactive dogs...this oughta be interesting..HOpe this doesn't make him worse..

Wow, this thread is going all everywhere. WHERE IS SNOOKS!! Cmon, Snooks, you can type with one hand!! You might make really interesting suggestions while you are on pain meds, too!:msngiggle:
Ey, i got one of those Cool Collars for dogs (or people). I can fill it with the gel filled insert-thingies that freeze up nicely, for indoors, or, with crushed ice which melts and trickles down his chest, for when he is outdoors...The water seems to run down his outer fur more than onto his chest...he shakes it off now and then.

Still, it Seems to keep Buddy cooler. He doesn't seem to mind wearing it, either.
At first, i just put it on him empty, praised him, and took it off. Kept doing that. Then later put the cold stuff in it. He was okay about it. His neck fur is so thick, i don't know if he gets full advantage of it..but it seems to help some.

snooks

Experienced Member
goldens like co better than tx---we do sympathize with those in warmer climes. after 23 years in houston i'm still having a bit of a fit with no a/c for the first time in my life. 90 degrees in denver is 80 degrees at my house outside but if careful i can keep it to 74 or so by closing all the windows and sealing in cool night air. very foreign.

one of the people helping me has now trained puppy not to eat her food unless she has a belly rub first. :dogblink: retraining may be in store. she's also taken a dropped apple and run off with it which she knows not to do. only a little hands off from me and chaos slowly creeps back. at least she's learning door bell manners better. :dogcool:

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
SNOOKS!! Are you typing one-handed now!!? YAY!
Cute about the puppy!! I know what you mean about only a lil hands-off time does change some dogs!! Some dogs are always an ongoing work in progress!

Also, i hear ya about managing the heat without A/C, it is a challenge. BUY FANS! LOTSA FANS!! Ha, even Buddy has figured out, Oh, lying in front of the fan is a good spot.
We just got one, the Wind Machine or something, wow, puts a breeze in the entire room, even 10-15 feet away. whew!
And we got lotsa medium ones, for the kitchen and the bedrooms, as well as lotsa lil ones, like for my desk top, my bathroom counter top, etc. FANS, FANS, FANS...