What Breed Is My Dog?

Discussion in 'Dog Breeds' started by bbal325, Sep 20, 2012.

?

What Breed is my Puppy?

Lab/Border Collie Mix 2 vote(s) 16.7%
Retreiver/Border Collie Mix 1 vote(s) 8.3%
Australian Shepherd/Border Collie Mix 1 vote(s) 8.3%
Pomeranian Mix 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Spaniel Mix 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Other 8 vote(s) 66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jackienmutts Honored Member

He really looked Dutch Shepherd-ish in those puppy pics, but sure doesn't now - wow, what a difference!! :D Now he does look like maybe some Gordon Setter .... and/or ..... ?? Who's your daddy, huh? :LOL: (and who's your mommy, too?) :ROFLMAO: Whoever they were, they sure made a cutie of a puppy!!!! :cool:
    Dogster and MaryK like this.

2. MaryK Honored Member

I think we can safely say Mommy and Daddy were very social dogs, def non racist, along with their Mom and Dad too and probably the Grandparents!:LOL: Whatever mix they were, they sure produced a beautiful little puppy:love:
  3. Evie Experienced Member

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!! My guess is that he is ..... Cute x Cutest!

And I agree mary, saw the 5th picture down and immediately thought of Ra :p
    MaryK, Dogster and southerngirl like this.
  4. MaryK Honored Member

Ah glad I wasn't mistaken Evie. Ra has a double somewhere in the world.:rolleyes::D
    Dogster likes this.
  5. bbal325 Active Member

Just thought I would send some updated pictures of Pico. He is now about 25 pounds and reaching 5 months old. He recently graduated from Puppy 1 training class and was great. I am thinking he definitely has some herding genes in him. But I agree, he is cute none the less.

Attached Files:

6. southerngirl Honored Member

Aww he's a beauty.
    MaryK likes this.
  7. Dogster Honored Member

:love::love::love: Awwwwww!!!!!!!!!:love: ADORABLE!!!!:love: Wow, he's getting big!!!! :eek::D
    MaryK and southerngirl like this.
  8. MaryK Honored Member

AWW he's just ADORABLE:love::love::love: A real studmuffin:love::love: Looks a little like my youngster too, same intelligent, cheeky look:love::love:
    Dogster likes this.
  9. Emily Marston Well-Known Member

I'm guessing a GSD mix. Maybe a bit of retriever too ;)
    MaryK likes this.
  10. bbal325 Active Member

So Pico is about 7 months old now and is roughly 37 lbs. Im starting to think he's a flat-coated retriever based on the pictures i've found online. Here are some updated pictures of him.

Attached Files:

Dogster, Emily Marston and MaryK like this.
  11. Emily Marston Well-Known Member

Definantely a lab shepherd mix. The fur and markings would be from the shepherd, and the face and body would be from the lab.
    MaryK likes this.
  12. sara Moderator

My guess would be Dutch Shepherd x Golden Retriever. His head looks very much the shape of a GR, honestly... though he is a tad small, so I think I'll revise my first impulse and go with Dutch Shepherd and Australian Shepherd:)
    Dogster, MaryK and southerngirl like this.
  13. Dogster Honored Member

He's getting so big!!!!:eek: He's gorgeous:love: Love the scarf, makes him even more handsome.:love:
    MaryK and Emily Marston like this.