What Are The Best You Tube Training Videos

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
//:D And were you serious about online doggy dancing contests? Cause that actually would be a super awesome thing for people with reactive dogs to do.//

Yes, yes, i have heard of this!! Give me a little while to see if i can track it down,
and then, of course, we'd have to learn "The Rules" which, no doubt, there are probably actual "rules" to follow in your routine. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF THIS, online doggie dancing contest?? Back when i first of such things, back then, i thought that that kind of heelwork would be "too hard" to learn, so i did not even pay att'n. but now, we DO have the heelwork nailed (so long as no flies buzz my dog) and so now, it DOES seem "possible" to me now.

I've heard of online doggie dance contests via video only,

in passing, but didn't save the info, don't "know" of any.

Dice Smith

/OMG! You seriously live in michigan?! And you like it here? LOL!!! //

warning, brace for thread derail, :ROFLMAO: sorry guys!

Michigan has hit hard times, and if you want to have a GREAT vacation, while being patriotic and helping out a state in dire straights, come to Michigan and have a one-of-a-kind unforgettable vacation LIKE NO OTHER.
Whatever you love, Michigan has it.

Me? love Michigan??? YES, YES, i adore the sunset coast of Michigan, and truly am not lying, anyone reading this, with money to travel, should look into vacationing there. It's hard to beat, imo. Sorry, no really 'big' cities at all, except at very bottom of coast, but, instead, the coast is fairly unmolested, you can EASILY have a beach to yourself, with no one in sight as far as you can see in either direction, (dogs adore this place)
and a waterline to the sunset. Looks like the ocean, waves, noisy waves even, one can sruf there in places, and dotted with lighthouses, seashells, sand, (but no jellyfish, no crabs, no sharks, no salt to sting your cut):D but yeah, there IS an undertow there.

this is The Dunes, and some beaches look like this:

View attachment 936

and when you turn your back to the water, you can find areas where you see only unmolested marshes, or woods, or sand hills------ not a strip mall selling tee-shirts.
This type of beach can be hard to find for some ppl who do love such raw beauty.
and it is not "muggy-hot" very often on the beach, but, it can be, but one can find lots and lots of days with very pleasant temperatures, too.

some beaches are flat, like this:
View attachment 938

One can also find "party beaches" full of young ppl, or "family beaches" full of children, and lined with shoppes on the beach, and marinas full of yachts. Many kinds of beaches on that giant giant coastline.
then there's the dunes, so high we used to hangglide off of the tops of them, out over the water. Only fit ppl can get to the top, and it takes way longer than you'd think.
There is St Joe, and a few minutes further, Chicago, for ppl who want the bigger city, and i love both of those places too.

And instead of big cites (which ARE fun, whooot! i love 'em, but, sometimes, nature is fun to spend time with) the sunset coast of MI is dotted with a few small, tiny towns, many of them sort of artsy-fartsy and quaint, full of marinas and fishing piers and museums and art stores, shoppes selling locally made items of all sorts, tiny pubs full of characters, and restaurants owned by same family for generations now.
View attachment 939

What's not to love? WHAT A SUNSET, EH? the sun melts right down into the water....wow.
what a show!
An everchanging breathtaking bit of awe inspiring scenery...as far as one can see.

AND NO,--- one can NOT see the other side of Lake Michigan! :ROFLMAO: All my old Cape Cod pals who come to visit me here, are always stunned, "But, but, it's a LAKE! where is the other side? This looks like the ocean!! what!?"

and within a super short drive or bike ride, or even a walk from the beach---- one can literally GET LOST (we've done it) in giant expansive woodlands, like Manistee, how breathtaking is Manistee?
Wow, some of my most fun times have been groups of us all canoing together in Manistee, which, on a weekend, can be chockful of partying canoers, all having huge fun together.

and then there is the U.P., the Upper Peninsula, with it's gentle hills, waterfalls, the town of Marquette, that one island where there are no cars at all, Mackinaw,
as well as that entire top 1/3 of "The Mitten" that is Michigan, wow and wow, it's easy to find places where you feel you are THE first person to walk there ever.:eek: AND YES, THERE ARE BEARS!!!
But, one can also find cabins to rent, and have a small lake to yourself almost. Outdoor ppl, skiers, fishers, hunters, hikers, snowmobilers, photographers, ppl raising kids, or dogs, all think it is heaven.

Maybe it's cuz i am a huge nature lover, but, i think Lake Michigan is a hard place to top.
what's not to love?
oh, and i lived in California for years, spent my youth there, and loved it there too!! It's often a little congested and expen$ive though, but, yes, some lovely stuff there. OH, i had some fun years there!!!:ROFLMAO:
Wow! Those are really beautiful pictures. I might actually like living in Michigan if it was this pretty and naturey where I live. It's quite ugly, boring and built up where I live. Plus we can't get high speed internet lol :D But if I could live on the beach.... oh that would be so awesome!!!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
// I might actually like living in Michigan if it was this pretty and naturey where I live.//

Ah, but your town couldn't be more than 15 minutes? from Manistee,
and less than 1 hour from my beloved Lake Michigan. It's 30 to 45 minutes to me, {or more, depending on which beach i am headed to.}
Awesome, and it's only a daytrip for you! For real, look around again, re-appreciate where you are, cuz maybe someday, you'll be somewhere else, and you could be surprised to find out, you do miss that scenery, and beaches like THAT.
Maybe you'll live somewhere where you'd have to take a plane to find such a place as Lake Michigan.

see, i LOVE LOVE LOVE beaches!!!!
(so does my dog)

and i LOVE LOVE LOVE forests!!!!!!!!!!!
(so does my dog)
and that area, has 'em BOTH,:D and BOTH are just stellar, imo.

Dice Smith

finally began searching for such online contests!! THEY DO EXIST!!

This one looks right up our ally, just one minute long, for beginners, all done via youtube!!

http://bighoneydog.com/2011/04/dwtds/

Unfortunately, that was LAST year....but, if that one happened, there have to be others, too!
So cool! I was so excited to put together a routine for it too. Darn!!!:cautious: They need to host another one. All the other ones I found you have to pay to enter. And I can't afford to lol :)
Oh well, guess Kodi and I will stick to dancing for fun. For now.....

Dice Smith

but wow, Dice, when we get our routines nailed, look out !! right?:ROFLMAO:

Have you picked a song yet?
Yeah, totally! We'll be the best dancers out there lol :ROFLMAO:
I actually have two songs picked out. The first one is "Daylight" by Matt and Kim. It's a short song and we're doing that one first. We're incorporating sunglasses into the routine.
The second song is "Helena Beat" by Foster The People. In it I'm going to go to drink from a water bottle but Kodi always knocks it out of my hand (the lyric is "Take a sip of something poison"). I'm going to actually take a sip once and fall to the ground like I'm dying. Kodi's going to give me cpr and then we'll continue dancing. It's elaborate I know lol. We're still working on some of the tricks. Perhaps I'm too elaborate. Afterall, we're still total newbies! Boy we will be one stumbling, messy sight to see :p!!!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
SOUNDS AWESOME!! Wow, your routine IS elaborate!! Mine will suck next to THAT one!! rofl! oh well!
Way cool!! I've never seen those tricks before, wonderfully creative!!! Lol now that i know how great YOUR routine is going to be, when we are both ready, to enter our videos, i will just tell YOU about the contests after it is too late to enter !!!:ROFLMAO::LOL: j/k

Like you, i am trying to do some tricks that i think "go with the lyrics" of the song,:ROFLMAO:
reply #3 here, has a few of the tricks during lyrics that we are working on:
http://www.dogtrickacademy.com/members/forums/threads/doggie-dancing-is-fun.4713/

Dice Smith

SOUNDS AWESOME!! Wow, your routine IS elaborate!! Mine will suck next to THAT one!! rofl! oh well!
Way cool!! I've never seen those tricks before, wonderfully creative!!! Lol now that i know how great YOUR routine is going to be, when we are both ready, to enter our videos, i will just tell YOU about the contests after it is too late to enter !!!:ROFLMAO::LOL: j/k

Like you, i am trying to do some tricks that i think "go with the lyrics" of the song,:ROFLMAO:
reply #3 here, has a few of the tricks during lyrics that we are working on:
http://www.dogtrickacademy.com/members/forums/threads/doggie-dancing-is-fun.4713/
Well, the idea for the second song is still largely in my head so it will be awhile before we finish it (like all summer, perhaps? lol) :D Right now I am still teaching Kodi the tricks I want to include into our first routine and working on his heelwork (love the tips you posted about training heelwork tigerlily. i'll try the cheese in hand. I could never teach Kodi how to elephant either :( i was constantly messing him up and getting us both confused lol :D )
I love your routine idea!!! The song will be absolutely perfect and the moves you have planned out to it sound incredible. Your routine sounds like tons of fun!!! And I can totally picture Buddy doing the whole routine with a giant smile on his face :)