What are avatars?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic & Chit Chat' started by yoyopoodle, Jan 15, 2008.

1. yoyopoodle Well-Known Member

This is the first forum I've joined that does avatars... can someone explain them a little to me?

All I know (I think, lol) is that they are the little pictures that show up by your name when you post, etc. It looks like you purchase the charactor, clothes, background - whatever you want, with points you earn through posting.

Are the options only those that are available in the 'store', or is there a way to create or import something? Will I see more options as I get more points (only the stuff within range being displayed)? How do you get a photo to appear instead of a digital creation? :dogwacko:

Thanks much!

2. bipa New Member

Actually, you can have anything you want (within reason) as your avatar. As you can see, mine is simply two photos of my dogs that I put together on my computer and uploaded. There are no points and no waiting time required, so you can do it right now. Jean has provided some ready-made avatars, so feel free to look around and experiment.

Go into User CP (control panel) on the top left of the window, and then Edit Avatar.

Have fun! :dogsmile:
  3. yoyopoodle Well-Known Member

Thanks - somehow I had only found the 'design avatar' link in that menu. I feel better now :)
  4. Jean Cote Administrator

Nice avatar! :D
  5. l_l_a New Member

Yoyopoodle your dog is beautiful!
  6. yoyopoodle Well-Known Member

Figures... it was one of those totally random shots - my dad had just arrived and was taking pictures of the field after it's first mowing that we'd seen. He told me to stop working so he could get a picture, and it wasn't until he mentioned I should probably put down the pitchfork that I got the idea... that one came out better than most pictures that I've either set-up, or had professionally done :p