We're Back!

Pawtential Unleashed

Experienced Member
Hi! We have been away for far too long - man I miss this place.

I thought I would do a quick reintroduction as I know there must be many new faces and hopefully many I remember.

Lisa Wood
39yo
Winston Salem, NC

Dog Trainer [Pawtential Unleashed]

Owned by:

Ayla - Newfoundland – CGC, TDI, DEMO DOG for Pawtential Presents: Education Unleashed
Nova -
Newfoundland – Light Mobility and PSD Service Dog in Training
Luka -
Giant Schnauzer mix – Therapy Dog in Training
Leo -
Papillon – Therapy Dog in Training
Sage -
Mini Aussie – Canine Superstar in Training, K9 Karnival DEMO DOG in training

Raven - Border Collie x Hound mix – Canine Superstar in Training, K9 Karnival DEMO DOG in training

It will take me a while to get caught up but I look forward to reconnecting! Who is still here from ages ago?

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
LOVE THE PIC above.. and a big welcome back! That pic is the epitome of two very happy dogs looking how very happy dogs should look! Well exercised and muddy/sandy! Love it!

On a separate note your previous avatar you had... who was that? Gorgeous dog and looked kinda Ripleyish...!

Missed you too and lovely to see you back.

MaryK

Honored Member
Absolutely LOVE the pic!!!!!!!!!:love::love: For sure, as Ripleygirl has said, that's the epitome of two very happy dogs, looking just how happy dogs should look!!!!! Though, um, something tells me we'll never convince Ms. Leaf of that fact!

Welcome back, sure have missed you:D Do stay around this time, you're missed when you go awol!

Pawtential Unleashed

Experienced Member
On a separate note your previous avatar you had... who was that? Gorgeous dog and looked kinda Ripleyish...!
That was Phoenix - a Catahoula mix pup who was a foster, who I then thought about keeping, who then went back to foster, who I then wanted to keep....I want to keep all my fosters and end up with a bazillion dogs - at about 8 months I met the perfect family for her and let them adopt her.

Rubix - I was hoping he would become my trainers demo dog but he actually was showing signs of dog/dog aggression from 5-6 weeks. This worsened over time and became a real issue. So sadly I had to discuss returning him to the breeder at about 10 weeks old.

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
That was Phoenix - a Catahoula mix pup who was a foster, who I then thought about keeping, who then went back to foster, who I then wanted to keep....I want to keep all my fosters and end up with a bazillion dogs - at about 8 months I met the perfect family for her and let them adopt her.
Ahhh. Lovely to know she ended up in a great home. She was a stunner!

Rubix - I was hoping he would become my trainers demo dog but he actually was showing signs of dog/dog aggression from 5-6 weeks. This worsened over time and became a real issue. So sadly I had to discuss returning him to the breeder at about 10 weeks old.

That is worrying at such a young age. You can see all the signs but in mini DA dog...! Wow. Well done for pointing this out in a clear way. It is important for owners to be aware the signs of aggression and I think there are a lot out there that do not realise little things like a stiff tail can then lead to worse. Sorry it did not work out with this little one though.

Pawtential Unleashed

Experienced Member
Thanks guys! I missed being here...

That is worrying at such a young age. You can see all the signs but in mini DA dog...! Wow. Well done for pointing this out in a clear way. It is important for owners to be aware the signs of aggression and I think there are a lot out there that do not realise little things like a stiff tail can then lead to worse. Sorry it did not work out with this little one though.
He liked some dogs and not others - he would sleep with Juni and play with some of the others - but was just never predictable or settled. In that video - he is super tense from the first moment. Micah gave all the right signals - the play bows, the averted gaze, the turned head and curled body - but Ru never once wagged his tail - he was stiff the entire time...it was bad...and I made some bad decisions along the way and in the end the breeder and I found him a new family in the Outer Banks that we agreed was a good match for him.

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
Thanks guys! I missed being here...

He liked some dogs and not others - he would sleep with Juni and play with some of the others - but was just never predictable or settled. In that video - he is super tense from the first moment. Micah gave all the right signals - the play bows, the averted gaze, the turned head and curled body - but Ru never once wagged his tail - he was stiff the entire time...it was bad...and I made some bad decisions along the way and in the end the breeder and I found him a new family in the Outer Banks that we agreed was a good match for him.

It is a difficult thing to predict the unpredictable! Glad to know he got a home though!