Weekly Poll: Dog Ransoms

CollieMan

Experienced Member
The worst thing happens, and your dog is dog-napped. Shortly after, you receive a ransom demand for your dog for $2500 or £2500. Would you pay it?

Rule out the legal side, as in "I'd just call the police", etc. The question is would you pay the ransom to get your dog back?

If you are concerned that someone might use your answer to actually kidnap your dog (even though all they have is a forum name) just vote in the poll, without commenting. :)

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
I would offer a ransom considering the amount of love, time and dedication involved in raising and training a dog. However I would do more door-to-door, and placing posters everywhere rather than relying on the police to do anything.

mopar53190

I would pay, I would want revenge and tell my 10lb Corgi puppy to attack at the time of transaction. LOL

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
I'd like to warn people not to let their dogs in their car at dog events, such as agility, flyball or anything. I've heard stories of dog nappers stealing friendly dogs.

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
I would definitely pay it. Of course, I would track down the guy/girl and maul them afterwards, but...ya know, you just don't mess with a girl's best buddies. And if they don't take care of you for taking them away from me, then I will. :dogmad: Beware the wrath of a muttless dog owner.

bipa

I have a feeling that whoever kidnapped Little Joe would soon be willing to pay me to take him back again! :msnwink:

bigboytex

I would pay it if I had to but im more then type to track them down and run them over and then take my dog back. Theres nothing more special the the bond between redneck and dog:dognowink: