Video Of Dachshund Training

Vizzla

Experienced Member
We teach our 2 y old dachshund Alf some trix. In first video he shows some of them (not his best day) and in the next one he is just playfull, didnt want to do it our way ;)

What do you think?

Its our first videos so be kind ;)

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
WHOOOT!!!! HUGE ROUND OF APPLAUSE for the cutest dachshund!! Love that dog, such a cutie pie. NICE WORK teaching those tricks, Vizzla!!!

Vizzla

Experienced Member
Thank you :) Most people in sweden doesnt like dachshund because they are known for biting. They are still in top 10 popular dogbreeds in sweden. Most people dont understand that they are a hunting breed so they must have great reactions and sometimes if they are surprised they bite first and ask later. Thats just the way they are :) our Alf is soo kind. He is so nice to everyone. A little unsure at first but then lay in their lap :)

Dogster

Honored Member
It's SOO GREAT that Alf has an owner who understands a dachshunds needs.:) Here, the most popular dog breeds are labs, golden retrievers, german shepherds, something like that. Although I know MANY people who don't do their research and underestimate the power of german shepherds. Here, most people don't like pit bulls.:(

Vizzla

Experienced Member
yes its almost always the owner who creates problems just by not knowing what it takes to have a dog! Our dog for exampel, cant be left alone more than 2 hours. So we have dogwatchers, why put him through something he doesnt like? Most people think dogs can be left alone from day one. It takes time to train them to be left alone.

Im afraid of pitbulls but I know its not the breed its the owners. But we have had many accidents, not just pitbulls (most are mixed breeds, rotwheilers or bigger dogs like huskys). So I dont want Alf to play with a bigger dog.

Dogster

Honored Member
Shivon can be left home alone for up to 8 hours. Phew!;) It took a LONG time to train her to stay home that long, I totally agree with you on that. Most people think of pitbulls as aggressive because they are the primary dogs involved in dog fighting (they fight to the death).:(But I've met some REALLY nice pitbulls. Also, most people think chiuauas are cute and cuddly, although I've met some aggressive chiuauas. It's stereotyping.

Dogster

Honored Member
Great vid, Tigerlily!!! Too bad I didn't know about Kikopup when Shivon was a puppy. See, crate training didn't really work out. She just stays home by herself on the main floor of our house.:)

Vizzla

Experienced Member
Tigerlily: He starts barking and howling. He gets upset and walks on and of, real stressed. We tryed so many things but thats his limit so we respect him for that. All dogs are not the same :) Ours has problems with beeing alone to long. But with dogwatchers we dont have to worry :) He has a great time and we can relax.

Dogster

Honored Member
What exactly are dogwatchers??? Like a nanny for dogs??? i've heard of dogwalkers before but never dogwatchers....

Vizzla

Experienced Member
We have a couple that takes care of Alf if we work or have to leave him for any other reason. We know them well. Alf has two familys who takes care of him. He loves them to :) My sister can sometimes be with Alf if no one else can.

Dogster

Honored Member
It's great that you have somebody to look after Alf while you're away!!!!;) Haven't heard of anybody like that where I live....

Vizzla

Experienced Member
it is a relative to my boyfriend but I know people that writes in the newspaper to find someone to take care of their dog while they work. Mostly older people whos not working any more and wants company during the day. Some give their dogwatchers money but we dont have to. They wanted a dog for their own but dont have the helath to take care of a dog full time, so we share him. He has to loving homes. He´s there like 2-3 days a week :) I think he´s happy with that!

Dogster

Honored Member
That's great!!!!:LOL: Alf now has EVEN MORE people to love and give slobbery kisses to!!!!:ROFLMAO: I've never heard of anyone placing an ad in the newspaper for that type of thing..... interesting.

Vizzla

Experienced Member
You will need help sometimes. Like if you get realy sick or the dog is sick and you cant stay home from work. Its very nice to have people you can trust to leave your dog at. I sweden its a lot of discussions about not leaveing your dog alone all day, its forbidden by law. Those who hasent realtives to help must find help elsewhere.

Dogster

Honored Member
yeah, I really like that idea. I would use it if we had it here. Now the only vacations we plan are camping.:rolleyes: That's what you get when you have a dog, so I'm not complaining.