[Video] Ellie Plays Goalkeeper

CollieMan

Experienced Member
It's a mixed-bag video, containing extracts from this morning's play/training session.

You'll see that she's also mastered the cop-cop move, (February's Advanced Training Challenge) and pretty much does it on command now. Though I call it "jump on", as I think it's like when someone wants to catch a lift. I started calling in "all aboard" but that didn't flow as naturally for me. She's also getting the hang of weaving through the legs now.

There is a lot trimmed out, but I tried to limit the cuts to just rather boring repetitive stuff. After the first edit, the video was still 48MB, and so I had to be even more aggressive!

[media]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SAxMaaIDrQ4[/media]

nereis

Very impressive, she clearly enjoys what she is doing! You should see if you can get hold of one of those kiddies football nets.

CollieMan

Experienced Member
nereis;4880 said:
You should see if you can get hold of one of those kiddies football nets.
hehe that would be cute, but now that it's warming up, I want to start her on the skateboard. That's the next mission. It's fast so I think she'll take to it quite well. You know Border Collies and how eager they are for anything that involves movement!

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
What no snow where you live???? :D *jealous*

Nice cop-cop by the way! I like how she puts her paws on your feet on her own, you said you taught this by scooping them with your foot?

CollieMan

Experienced Member
Jean;4883 said:
I like how she puts her paws on your feet on her own, you said you taught this by scooping them with your foot?
Yup. As you can imagine, teaching her to put one paw on one foot was easy enough. Once she mastered that, I would let her place one paw on one foot, and then scoop her second paw onto my other foot, and just begin walking. It was our breakthrough.

jasperaliceuk

Experienced Member
Ellie's a great dog - she must be a pleasure to train.

I rescued a mini skateboard from a skip few years ago. Milo can scoot along on it but unfortunately its not big enough for all four paws - never mind its a start - I'll have to tout around on Freecycle for a full size one.

My last dog was an arch footballer - could rival Beckham anyday - she had a neat trick of balancing the ball on her nose and swivelling around underneath it.

Sue

l_l_a

Awww....that's cool how Ellie jumps up and does a flip to catch the ball! Have you thought of having her do frisbee catching routines?

morgancherilyn

Not the same Ellie at all when she's playing like that with you versus doing the "serious" stuff in the level 1 video. Look at her tail wag, she doesn't look a bit like you beat her! I've been trying to find a frisbee/flying disk like the one you have, where did it come from?

morgancherilyn

ok, so wouldn't quite be local for me, since the closest UK to me is University of Kentucky, just down the road. oh well....I'll keep looking