Very Ver Urgent!!!!!!!!!! Limited Time To Save Hugo!

MaryK

Honored Member
This is a terrible situation which dog and animal lovers everywhere will need to know about and sign the Petition.
Please everyone, sign and post every where you can think of, as an INNOCENT dog's life is at stake.
Briefly, more is on the Petition, Hugo a Shar Pei was found wandering the Gold Coast streets, taken into custody and now is condemned to DEATH!!!!!!!!! He's innocent, hasn't bitten a soul, done nothing wrong!

Where is there hope for this world if we murder an innocent dog!

This Petition has gone world wide.

http://www.care2.com/go/z/e/AIZwu/zpm7/AT6hS

MaryK

Honored Member
Thanks for posting this.
Signed.
Thank you so much for signing Running Dog:)

And I have awesome news!!!!!!!!! WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hugo has been SAVED!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah to People Power!

You can read all about it on his FaceBook page, just got an update from the lady who started the Petition. I've got tears of joy pouring down my face. Huge sends his thanks to the many people world wide who signed!

Hugo is not quite his old self, he's not eaten or drank during his terrible ordeal and is resting a lot, but he's SAFE and I am sure with all the love, care and kindness he's receiving, he'll be back to his normal self very soon.:D

Don't you just love a happy ending!:D:love:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/998/141/574/family-pleads-for-life-of-innocent-pet-dog-hugo-time-is-running-out-to-help-save-hugo-from-death-row/?z00m=21457311&redirectID=

running_dog

Honored Member
That's fantastic!

The whole thing reminded me a little of this thread, also about a dog living in Australia. The councils in Australia really do seem ridiculously negative towards dogs.

MaryK

Honored Member
That's fantastic!

The whole thing reminded me a little of this thread, also about a dog living in Australia. The councils in Australia really do seem ridiculously negative towards dogs.
OMG!! Read that post and was horrified. Unfortunately yes, if a dog as much as looks side ways at any one, or the person thinks the dog looked side ways at them, the council will immediately condemn the dog! It's so harsh it's unbelievable in a country which purports to 'be an animal loving nation'.

I had an incident with Zeus and Tiger Lily. The old lady who lived next door and was, without putting any refinement on it 'barking mad' reported my dogs for (a) barking at 3.a.m. - they were always inside asleep and snoring on my bed at that time and (b) leaping and growling at her at the back fence - they didn't but SHE used to stand the other side and make this funny 'keening' sound (only way I can describe it high pitched wail) which did on one occasion attract the dogs who didn't bark but did stand there looking surprised. After that one occasion I was ALWAYS outside when the dogs where. But the council wrote me a letter saying if my dogs were not quiet they would force me to have them de-barked, which is STILL legal here! Failing that they would confiscate the dogs and anyone here knows where that will end - murder of my dogs! Also the council did not come to speak to me personally or meet my dogs but went to ALL the neighbors in this street AND the next street, asking if my dogs were a nuisance!

I tried to speak politely to the old woman and she attacked me. I'm not kidding, she threw a punch at me - charming! I left, don't go in for fighting especially the elderly. The Police arrived and, fortunately I had the 'last laugh' (she must have rung them) as they arranged for her to be put in a home. Everyone knew she was totally mad, she had attacked other people apparently. But the council did not take that into account at all, even after I both wrote and spoke to them, my dogs were the 'bad guys', condemned as was Hugo for absolutely no crime whatsoever!

You do have to be ultra careful here that your dog doesn't sneeze at the wrong time!

Plus there are so many places, including trains in most States, where you are not allowed to take a dog.