Update: Smokey At 6 Months

sara

Staff member
Awesome! He's a smart little fella!

I taught Ollie the get in the box trick too, he finds it hilarious!
But I dont have the pic on this computer... I do have the trick on an old Oliver video on You Tube, but I'm not going to hijack this thread.

You and Smokey are doing really, really well!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
WOW!! INA!! GREAT VIDEO!!!! WOW AND WOW!!! Now, did i read that right, this dog is only 6 months old??? WOW WOW AND WOW!!! KUDOS TO YOU INA!! btw, i like your voice too!! very lovely!

Ina

WOW!! INA!! GREAT VIDEO!!!! WOW AND WOW!!! Now, did i read that right, this dog is only 6 months old??? WOW WOW AND WOW!!! KUDOS TO YOU INA!! btw, i like your voice too!! very lovely!
Yes, little Smokes is only 6 months. He is so so keen on learning new stuff and performs all his tricks in front of groups of kids at the school.
Regarding the voice ... I just can't get rid of the german accent :rolleyes:.

Dodge

Yes, little Smokes is only 6 months. He is so so keen on learning new stuff and performs all his tricks in front of groups of kids at the school.
Regarding the voice ... I just can't get rid of the german accent :rolleyes:.
Awww,I love how he s sitting next to you waiting for the weave :love:clever little cutie pie :love:

Sooo,are you german then:whistle: ?

Ina

I'll never get rid of that accent - but it helps when dealing with 8 12-year old boys in the basketball team <makes me sound so mean - they march when I yell>
We lived in South Africa for 13 years and we are now in Australia since 9 years. I spent most of my life outside of Germany and my kids are total Aussies :-)

fly30

Experienced Member
Und kannst Du noch Deutsch ? (And can you still speak German ?)

I have spent two years in England (20 years ago) and after one year, I could dream in English and when I heard people speak French, it sounded to me like a foreign language I could speak fluently. Strange isn't it ?

Dodge

Giggle,people guess all sorts of countries when they hear my accent,south africa being one of them,I ve heard that there are quite a lot of germans living there,so is that why ve still got the accent? Believe it or not (well,I cant believe it myself!!!) couple of people guessed Australia . . .I so dont sound anything like that,lol! My german is quite rubbish now,I can understand everything perfectly,but speaking is rather rusty,I m forever fishing for words,my boys dont speak it at all,have you taught your kiddies? That is if you do speak german,chuckle:LOL:
My fly30,how many languages do you speak!!!? :D

fly30

Experienced Member
My fly30,how many languages do you speak!!!? :D
lol ! Actually I'm French and I can speak reasonnable English. My German is getting rusty and I have notions in Italian. Apart from that, I like learning languages and I can pick up words anywhere I go. I have spent one week in the Sahara recently and came back with a few words of Arab :D

But what I love above anything else is speaking dog ! :ROFLMAO:

Dodge

Omg,you clever bean!!! Reasonnable english?? I would say perfect (y)
Does Fly speak? Erm,dont want to take over the thread with this,sorry :oops:

Ina

Because my mum lives with us I still speak a lot of german. With my first son I made a point of speaking german and he is quite good. But the two younger ones don't speak it - they understand though.

Because the kids have hmm.. how can I say ... misused my commands like down and come I have replaced them with german words for emergencies only. And if a german says "Platz" the dog knows we mean business and does not argue. Smokey is down in a flash (evil german grin)

Ina

Smokey was off leash perfectly healing today.

It was raining and he wanted to be under the umbrella with me :LOL:

If you have a water shy dog this is one way to teach them heal ..hehe..

Dodge

Because my mum lives with us I still speak a lot of german. With my first son I made a point of speaking german and he is quite good. But the two younger ones don't speak it - they understand though.

Because the kids have hmm.. how can I say ... misused my commands like down and come I have replaced them with german words for emergencies only. And if a german says "Platz" the dog knows we mean business and does not argue. Smokey is down in a flash (evil german grin)
LOL,how handy is that,ey,we can sound rather regimental in german:ninja:,giggle:ROFLMAO:! You re very lucky to be able to keep the language up with your mum there:)specially for your kids sake(y)
Oooh I like your umbrella idea,will have to give that a go,Dodge hates rain with a passion :eek::D