Update On Streets

luckylego

Experienced Member
Hey guys!

I haven't been as active as usual lately when it comes to checking the forum - My boss has been away and I've been running the business from open to close since then (MUCH harder than I ever thought!)

Buuut..

I'm back, and decided to share with you all a little update on miss Streets :)

Its been a month and a half since we brought her home, and every time we think we've seen "normal Streets".. She does a little something else to surprise us. The other day for example when my boyfriend and I came home from work, she was wiggling around Tom and hadn't noticed me walk in.. That is until I gave a little "oh sure, just ignore me then" - jokingly. Suddenly her head whips around and she races across the floor towards me, jumping on my chest and taking my feet out from underneath me.. Leaving me to fall forward and land face first on the tile floor. Now, if this had been any normal dog, I probably would have been slightly less than impressed.. But then again, when has anything about Streets ever been normal? :p Watching her prance around me, licking my face as I lay on the floor.. All I could really do was just lay there and laugh. For a dog who wouldn't even wag her tail at the beginning, and constantly looked "lost", that's just so heartening to see. I had never seen her so excited about a human - ever. And despite worries about housing two female pit bulls together.. Lego and Streets have had ZERO issues thusfar. One minor, 5 second argument, but for the most part they get along like long lost buddies!! They've had several encounters with people who either are afraid of, or have misconceptions about pit bulls, and end up walking away having made new human friends.. Some who have even walked up and told us that seeing our girls has changed their minds completely! This honestly just makes my day every time it happens.. As it's always been my goal to use my dogs to help change minds and educate the public. I'm so proud of them :LOL::love:

Another kind of cool thing to note.. Is that after posting Streets and Lego's stories on a facebook page recognizing "special needs" animals, I received an overwhelming amount of requests to make the girls their own facebook page so that people might be able to follow them! That was a week or so ago, and I only just got it up and running like.. right now (we couldn't decide on a name).. So I figured I'd share it with you guys as well if anyone is interested..
http://www.facebook.com/SevenPawsSaved

And lastly.. WE SIGN HER ADOPTION PAPERS NEXT WEEK!! It's finally almost official.. I'm thinking we may need to have a little celebration :LOL:

IMG_20130121_015347.jpg

Linda A

Experienced Member
It's wonderful to hear that Streets is doing so well. We will definitely check out the new FB page!!

southerngirl

Honored Member
I'm so glad Streets is a happy girl and is enjoying her new life. I liked her facebook page and Wow 214 likes already! Your dogs are great examples for the breed and will show everyone Pits are Amazing dogs.

MaryK

Honored Member
Very happy to read that Ms. Streets is such a happy girl and enjoying life so much. Love your FB and liked it, great that you've so many likes already, it'll help change even more people's minds about Pitties.:love: They are truly amazing dogs!

raymond upton

Hey guys!

I haven't been as active as usual lately when it comes to checking the forum - My boss has been away and I've been running the business from open to close since then (MUCH harder than I ever thought!)

Buuut..

I'm back, and decided to share with you all a little update on miss Streets :)

Its been a month and a half since we brought her home, and every time we think we've seen "normal Streets".. She does a little something else to surprise us. The other day for example when my boyfriend and I came home from work, she was wiggling around Tom and hadn't noticed me walk in.. That is until I gave a little "oh sure, just ignore me then" - jokingly. Suddenly her head whips around and she races across the floor towards me, jumping on my chest and taking my feet out from underneath me.. Leaving me to fall forward and land face first on the tile floor. Now, if this had been any normal dog, I probably would have been slightly less than impressed.. But then again, when has anything about Streets ever been normal? :p Watching her prance around me, licking my face as I lay on the floor.. All I could really do was just lay there and laugh. For a dog who wouldn't even wag her tail at the beginning, and constantly looked "lost", that's just so heartening to see. I had never seen her so excited about a human - ever. And despite worries about housing two female pit bulls together.. Lego and Streets have had ZERO issues thusfar. One minor, 5 second argument, but for the most part they get along like long lost buddies!! They've had several encounters with people who either are afraid of, or have misconceptions about pit bulls, and end up walking away having made new human friends.. Some who have even walked up and told us that seeing our girls has changed their minds completely! This honestly just makes my day every time it happens.. As it's always been my goal to use my dogs to help change minds and educate the public. I'm so proud of them :LOL::love:

Another kind of cool thing to note.. Is that after posting Streets and Lego's stories on a facebook page recognizing "special needs" animals, I received an overwhelming amount of requests to make the girls their own facebook page so that people might be able to follow them! That was a week or so ago, and I only just got it up and running like.. right now (we couldn't decide on a name).. So I figured I'd share it with you guys as well if anyone is interested..
http://www.facebook.com/SevenPawsSaved

And lastly.. WE SIGN HER ADOPTION PAPERS NEXT WEEK!! It's finally almost official.. I'm thinking we may need to have a little celebration :LOL:

View attachment 2263
aww so adorable both of them

Dogster

Honored Member
Awww!!! Streets and Lego look so happy together!!!:love::love: I'm so happy to hear that Streets is doing well, and that the adoption is official!!!:D