Unusual Friends =)

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Adorable!! Oh, i can not picture my dog doing that! I will have to show this to my family, and they'll be amazed, too, (compared to our dog, who is proven to kill bunnies, moles, squirrels, chipmunks, etc).
wow.
very very cute.

but, my dog does have unusual pals, but, they are all stuffed animals. My dog has "fake" friends. His giant teddy bear, "Girlfriend", he brings outside with him, and sits right next to it, gazing at it, as if it is alive. When he comes back in, he brings in "Girlfriend" bear.:ROFLMAO:

James Mann

Honey's friend Jewels is another pit bull. She has a cat as her friend. I've seen Honey when cats stroll through our yard. I would be some nervous if she ever got out or off her chain.

Although another side of me thinks she just wants to be friends.

GeorgiPeorgi

Aww soo cute, he was 9 weeks, introduced them straight away Now they just totally love each other everytime he hears her inthe cage he's there making sure shes ok and Sits next to her cage when he wants to to come out to play!! Hahaha Got loads of pics of them togther He also has a guinea pig friend at my partners mums house he is such a loving friendly dog, couldn't ask for more =D x

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
CUUUUTE pictures!!! :love: I have always wanted a rat. Working at Petsmart taught me that I am allergic either to every type of bedding Petsmart sells, or I am allergic to rats. O_o What the heck? When I held them they would make me break out in hives really bad....:cry: But not sure if it was the bedding, or the rats themselves...

No clue where the picture is, but my Rottie/Pit mix Rusty was best friends with my 1300 pound steer. Somewhere I have an adorable picture of the two of them curled up asleep together. :LOL:

Rusty also loved my sheep. He used to run my sheep when I showed them in FFA/4H, but he liked the sheep. Rusty's personality really showed what Rotties were originally bred for.

My cat, Elli, looooves Mudflap. Just adores her. The family Elli came from had a Great Pyrenees who was adorable with the kittens. Just sooo sweet and gentle...the kittens just loved him. Terrible picture, but this is Benelli just a month or so after we got her, kissing Mud. :love:

My filly is very sweet, she loves just about any creature that will give her any attention. She can make friends with just about any species, lol. Again, no pictures, lol....sorry.

Attachments

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Lol, they do. ^^ When we first brought Mud home, I don't think she'd ever seen a cat before--cause for concern since she's a Border Collie. My cat then, Tanner, was far less social than Elli. Tanner actually acted like a cat--everything had to be his idea, and he wasn't much for playing with the dogs. Mud was scared of him for a good month before finally deciding he wasn't going to eat her, lol. Tanner was able to tolerate her, and Mudflap tried to play with him often. When he died she was devastated for at least a couple weeks. Elli is Tanner's polar opposite, extremely social, LOVES to roughhouse with the dogs, and always wants to be the center of attention. And most definitely a troublemaker; she always tries to start mischief with the dogs, lol! Aside from Zeke, I think Elli is Mud's best friend, lol! :love:

Dogster

Honored Member
Oh, I wish Patches and Shivon loved eachother as much as Mudflap and Elli do!!!!O_o Patches is NOT a social cat. She protects her territory, outside and inside. Patches is also scared of Shivon. Shivon just wants to play with Patches (I guess the tail wagging throws her off:) ).

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Lol, find a cat that thinks she's a dog and Shivon will be in love with her. ;) Pretty sure Elli isn't even aware that she's feline. The cat community would disown her if they could. :ROFLMAO:

Dogster

Honored Member
First I have to get rid of Patches.... LOL!!!! Patches would kill me if she knew I was writing this!!!!!:ROFLMAO:

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
This thread reminded me of a show I saw on Animal Planet several years ago...
It was about a lioness who left her pride, willingly, and found an orphaned oryx. She didn't kill the baby oryx, she actually protected it. Lots of other African predators followed the pair, and the lioness fiercely protected the oryx. Of course, being a lion, she couldn't really feed it--it was still very young, needed to still be nursing, not yet grazing. The lion was not nursing, therefore the baby oryx had no source of food. Eventually the oryx died or was killed, and the lioness mourned. She went on to adopt at least 5 other oryx or other types of babies, creatures that she should have wanted to eat. The lioness refused to leave these baby creatures for fear of other predators killing them, so she would literally starve for very long periods of time until the baby died, also from starvation. Then she would hunt, then "adopt" another baby. The lioness was watched by locals for several years, until one day she disappeared. They searched for her, thinking she had died, but were never able to find her. Of all the baby animals she "adopted," she never killed any of them despite starvation.

Just found the video, really incredible.

Wish I could find the full episode, as it was much more descriptive and went through at least 2 more "adoptees." Really heartbreaking, as when the adopted babes died either by starvation or being killed by other predators, the lioness was visibly heartbroken...

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Lol, sorry that was kind of depressing compared to the the original intent of this thread. :X3: Whoops...

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Aha! Just found a longer clip from the episode... So they don't know why she wasn't with a pride, and the first oryx calf....well just watch.