Tug Toys?!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
yeah, my border collie seems to "builds up" boredom, if he gets too much of it, like more than 1 or 2 or maybe 3 days tops, he might have to kill a toy.....doesnt' happen often, but, when it does, it means he is or was upset. and sometimes he is upset cuz he was built up some boredom.

Most breeds tolerate boredom better than many border colllies can take it. Many BCs just don't seem to handle boredom as well as some other breeds can. For a day or so, sure, but not a few boring days in a row........*my* border collie can't take that...goes nutty. This is one reason some ppl say one has to research the breed they are interested in taking home, to know, what are common behaviors of the breed.
I'm just so glad my dog only rips up HIS STUFF if he gets bored...whew.

of course, there are certainly individuals within a breed, no group of dogs of a breed are all just alike, nope. Dogs are unique individuals.

and maybe some ppl have dogs who would still rip up a toy, even if the dog DID have a good run outdoors, several play sessions, a few long walks, some tricks training sessions, etc,
maybe their dog would STILL rip a toy even on a busy, tiring day like THAT(?).....but mine wouldn't tear up a toy on a day like THAT.

Dogster

Honored Member
Well, I think border collies get bored easier because they're REALLY smart and they need to be engaged in activities (mental and physical).:)

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
i think most dogs are just as smart, i think it is just some fluke in many border collies, imo, is they have no tolerance or patience for being bored, and so they go nutty if they are not kept satisfied so far as physical and mental activities...that is why Buddy "kills" his toys if he is bored, imo.

I think other breeds are just as smart, just maybe other breeds have better manners(?) or handle it better if they get bored.:ROFLMAO:......or many other breeds have "better coping skills" than many BCs do?

also, i do think some other dogs will "kill" toys when they are bored, too, but, maybe other ppl don't consider if their dog is just having a boring day that day??

Dogster

Honored Member
Yeah, I bet you're right Tigerlily.:D All dogs can be equally smart. I mean, Shivon can get a trick in 5 minutes, if she wants to, and whippets aren't rated as one of the smartest dogs......