Tricks For Fun

rascal2

I became enchanted with dog tricks as a youngster, watching my best girlfriend's brother do amazing things with his red, long-haired mutt of dubious distinction. Red did most of the usual tricks, plus he would open doors (using the door knob) and push them closed. He would also sit endlessly with a strip of bologna across his nose, never moving until commanded. This opened a whole new world of fun for me, and "Don" was nice enough to show me how much of what he did was accomplished.

Over the years, I have had 4 dogs (miniature schnauzers) of my own, all great students, the last of which departed this life in April. He was, by far, my best performer. I don't know if he was superior in intelligence or whether I have just learned how to be a better teacher over time. But, as he was 13 years old, it has been long since I have had lessons to give, so I thought I could learn something new and different from Dog Trick Academy. I will be getting a new puppy within the next 3 or 4 months, and I will be interested in what has worked well, and is fun, for others.

Dodge

:Dhi there,a warm welcome to you,jeeeze I m looking forward to the progress of your new pup and of course how you teach tricks :)

rascal2

:Dhi there,a warm welcome to you,jeeeze I m looking forward to the progress of your new pup and of course how you teach tricks :)
Thanks! I will need to get a little oriented to what goes on here, but I hope I can share a few things that maybe aren't being done.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
WElcome!! Hope you find your dream dog or puppy, might want to look over the almsot 2,000 schnauzers who are homeless on Petfinder.com, just a thought. I can not tell by your page what country you are in, though. Most countries do have a "adoptable dog" website, though.
With Petfinder.com, you can sign up for email alerts, too, if a schnauzer comes within so many miles of your home. Just a thought, good luck!
i love schnauzers!