Trick Question

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Do you mean down on any floor or specific to a hard wood floor or tiles? Does your schnauzer do it on carpet?

fly30

Experienced Member
How old is she ? It's better to learn on soft floors for young dogs (better for their spine). I know that Fly would not roll on tiles but enjoys rolling in the lawn. I think it's just as well.

EDG

She is 1 1/2 years old. She does great on carpet.:D Maybe a clicker would work, though I don't have one.

fly30

Experienced Member
I'm not sure a clicker would change your world. I think your dog likes being comfortable :)

fickla

Experienced Member
Well if she likes going down and does so quickly on carpet then I would try a small mat on hardwood floor. (if she doesn't have a fast down on carpet then I would work on speed!). Then a blanket, then a washcloth, and by that time she would be more on the floor than the towel and you should have no problem. Some dogs just don't like hard surfaces!

EDG

Well if she likes going down and does so quickly on carpet then I would try a small mat on hardwood floor. (if she doesn't have a fast down on carpet then I would work on speed!). Then a blanket, then a washcloth, and by that time she would be more on the floor than the towel and you should have no problem. Some dogs just don't like hard surfaces!
Thanks a lot!:D This should help a lot. I"ll post if it doesn't work. If anyone has any other ideas, please tell me.