Treibball

srdogtrainer

Experienced Member
Actually here is the class I really want to take with River! We are on the waiting list, because last time we were the only team to sign up! : ( It seems like such a fun class and reasonably priced. I can't imagine why they are having such trouble finding people to take it. It is looking like the next session will be offered in May...so far away!

Spice of Life
Class offered: Thursdays at 8:00
Pre-requisite: Completion of Level 2 Beginner Obedience

Haven’t we all heard that variety is the spice of life? Join us for six weeks of fun, innovation and learning for you and your dog! In this class, you will get to try out all the different things going on out there for dogs. These include Agility, Rally, Obedience, Flyball, Frisbee, Freestyle, Puzzles and Games, and Nosework. In a fun, non-competitive environment you will get a sampling of the different trends and dog sports, all the while learning excellent foundation skills such as building confidence, impulse control, focus, recall, loose leash walking and more! This is an awesome way to build a great relationship with your dog, have fun, and keep your dog behaving well. And, who knows, you could even find your next passion or hobby over the course of class! Cost: $95 for six weeks of class.

reveuse

I would love a class like that........ But there are literally no classes like that nearby... (unless i want to drive "30-45" min each way ...... which in rush hour becomes a LOT more like an hour each way)....
I found out a Zoom Room is opening soon - tho still like 30 min away - can't wait to try it out for agility purposes...... in the meantime i'm starting a new "tricks" class in 2 weeks (which is supposed to have a lot of agility stuff and also some much harder tricks stuff) ......

may is really really far away ,.... its kind of like waiting for xmas or a birthday or something.......... lol

srdogtrainer

Experienced Member
LOL! Well I currently live where it seems like the middle of no where. When it is 2o mins just to drive to the grocery store 30 mins does not seem that bad. Enjoy your tricks class! Zoom Room sounds really neat...I hope one opens in Ma soon!

srdogtrainer

Experienced Member
...and yes I know May isn't really that far away but when you are waiting for something really exciting like Christmas 2 months seems like forever!

srdogtrainer

Experienced Member
ha no i agree! i said it is far away! er didn't i? was really tired when i posted...
LOL...yes that is what you said, but I was realizing that it is only 2 months away and really not that far! The time would fly if there wasn't anything exciting to wait for, so I meant to sound like I was agreeing with your statement, that it seems like such a long time to wait when it is like waiting for Christmas...LOL!

reveuse

it all makes sense now! er I think it does!?! Clearly I needed some coffee..... well tea actually ... I was too lazy to make coffee...

helps

so is anyone already taking part in this kind of sport/activity? Seems like a great idea for "herding breeds".

reveuse

May has finally arrived! Zoom Room just opened this past weekend , took both of mine there on monday and did an extended half hr of private rental time there so that I could let Ro off leash (only way he will do most agility things) and not be worried about him. It was awesome...... I feel sorry for the impending future damage to my bank account that is going to occur as a result.

Did you decide to try the Spice of Life class? If so how is it going? I need to look into Treibball or something like that for Whisper -- now that she's coming out of her shell she definetly needs an activity

lyka_01

i enjoyed watching that training video with those gym balls! if i were the trained i might have just played around with the dog and not have the training session :LOL:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dog Crates, Pet Crates. 30% OFF & FREE Shipping on Pet Crates and Dog Crates

Anneke

Honored Member
I've done a workshop treibball, wich wasn't a big succes. Cooper refused to do anything, didn't get the hang of really pushing the ball, just wanted to jump up on it or push it with his paw.
This is a video of us trying it at home(not my home, but my friends home. Was dogsitting her rottweiler Zoë)
Cooper just get all crazy because he doesn't understand what I want him to do. He loves the ball, but only to put his teeth in it:D so I have to keep telling him not to. And that confuses him. So funny to look at this video again. This was last year.