Treibball (ball Herding) Fun With 2 Dogs

shaktishiloh

Long time no see! We’ve been busy training lots of various doggies here. Anyway - here’s one of our fun activities that we do here with our dogs: ball herding (treibball - although we do it in our own way ;)) with Shakti (Shiloh Shepherd female) and Chopper (English working Cocker Spaniel male - so not exactly a herding breed :)) Enjoy!:)

Dogster

Honored Member
:eek::eek: WOW!!!!!

You and your dogs are AMAZING!!!!!:eek::D FANTASTIC videos, by the way!!!!! And hey, welcome back!!! I've only been here since January. I like you already!!!:) subscribed to your youtube channel!!!

shaktishiloh

Thank you so much Dogster!!! I truly appreciate all your kind words and friendly greeting too and like you back :)(y) What a cute pup you have. Love the photos in your signature! Thanks for subscribing too. Have a FUN-tastic day :D

jackienmutts

Honored Member
It HAS been a long time!! Welcome back, I hope you stick around for a while, you've taken quite a hiatus. :rolleyes: I've missed you and all your amazing pups and videos!! :cool:

I've watched so many treibball videos online, and they were even considering starting a class at our training facility, then never did (I was so hoping they would). Your video just inspired me to get a couple balls and just play our own game, what the heck - two dogs and one person ... sounds like a game to me!! (y):LOL:

You and your crew are as fabulous as ever!!! Always an inspiration!!!!! (y):D:cool::LOL:

Anneke

Honored Member
Welcome back!
I guess I am a new member too, since I have never seen you around here before;)

I love your video's, just subscribed to your channel.

I want to have a go at treibball too, but no classes near me yet. My dogschool does a workshop every once in a while, so I'm waiting for that.
I think my Jinx would have a blast with it.
Cooper on the other hand only wants to kill the ball:D Showed no real interest when I did a workshop a few years ago. When I tried it at home, he just wanted to jump on the ball and grab it, resulting in a flat ball:confused: For him, that's where the fun begins, because he can then paly with it and bury it:rolleyes::D Nope he's not into treibball.

SD&B

Experienced Member
Love that little Chopper's style. He's having a wacky good time. Your other dogs are also awesome.

Love your videos too. Very entertaining and so nicely done.

shaktishiloh

*snort* Dogster reminds me of Dug in the movie "Up"

Love the sheps !!! Do you use a special ball or will an exercise ball do ? Looks like fun -- I'll check out your site before asking a bunch of questions.
Exercise balls are fine. That’s what we’re using. Make sure that the size is appropriate for a dog’s size and that a ball is not TOO big. Chopper would push even a ball much bigger than him, however, it would block his view. :) When you do it just for fun - the size of a ball does not matter. If you want for a dog to push a ball to a target area - you’ll need more precision.

Hope you’ll enjoy our website. Please feel free to visit our FB page too. :) And one more thing: have a ball - so to speak :)

MaryK

Honored Member
Loved the videos your dogs all look so HAPPY:D My boy loves his soccer ball has a 'soccer players soul' :LOL: Will have to see if I can find an even bigger ball like yours and see how he behaves with that:D