Treatstree

Anneke

Honored Member
Today, during our walk in the woods, we came across a treatstree! Yes, really, a tree that grows treats!!!:whistle:

Ofcourse, the dogs had to investigate:D

The treats grew up higher too, so they had to stand up against the tree to get them.

Cooper

Jinx

Ofcourse this tree didn't really grow treats, I put them there, but don't tell the dogs:p:whistle:
I got this tip from a dutch website(actually a facebookpage in dutch) called brainwork for dogs(translated)
They have a lot of fun tips and puzzles that are really easy to do and create with household items.
We have already tried a fun puzzle made with eggcontainers, a while ago. I'll see if I can find the pics and I think I made a vid, but it's not edited yet. I'll do that now and see if I can put it up.

Dogster

Honored Member
That's a GREAT idea!!!! I bet the dogs LOVED that!!!! I think they'll be sniffing trees from top to bottom, a little bit more now.....:D

rouen

Experienced Member
When Dasy was a puppy we used raspberries as a reward for going potty outside. The only time she's ever door bolted she ran directly to the berry bush for a snack. :D
Your post just reminded me of that. I wonder how long it would take them to generalize checking trees for treats. :LOL:

Pawbla

Experienced Member
Can we have a link? Most of us don't know dutch but maybe we can Google translate the ideas :p.

Those are great ideas. I just saw the egg containers one!

Rouen, my Winston used to go through a hole between my house and the neighbour's house, to eat small... sort of... plums. Which you probably know are dangerous (although I'm not certain of exactly what fruit they were, I assume it was inside the Prunus family). I got some hell of a scare the first times it happened, until we managed to close the hole in a way it couldn't be reopened :p.