This Gave Me A Lot Of Satisfaction.

MaryK

Honored Member
I was surfing the web, trying to find a Positive Reinforcement Training place in Adelaide which trained teachers, not just dogs. So far no luck either way:( . But I did find a site on which the awful dog school I originally took Ra Kismet was listed. And it was one were you could leave a review!

Finally a chance to say, politely, what I thought of that school and to give them a one star (I hate this) rating.

Boy did that feel good! As at the time I walked out there were children present and I did not feel it appropriate to tick of the woman albeit I would have been polite but my tongue would have been somewhat acidic.

I do sincerely hope that my one little review will prevent other people from making the same mistake as I did and save other dogs from the old style training methods. As I stated quite clearly they had initially informed me that they did use Positive Reinforcement Training however it was clearly evident that no Positive Reinforcement Training was used at all. Just the old style training rhetoric, alpha dog, dog at bottom of the ladder etc. etc.

Feel so good been waiting an age to get that off my chest and let them know why I walked out and what I thought of their school. Oh and they have changed their name to one more 'politically correct'. Their old name was "Western Suburbs Dog Obedience School" Now It's "The Torrens Dog Training School". As if a name change makes all the difference.

Checked their web site, just to be sure, and found the same old rhetoric being promoted.

MaryK

Honored Member
Good for you, Mary!!! :D I went on their website, and did not like what I saw.:cautious: What you described vs. what they wrote on their website does not match up AT ALL. Hate it when they're too full of themselves to tell the truth...:cautious::confused:
You've summed it up perfectly Dogstar(y) That was the impression I got of the woman, to full of herself to tell the truth. She really did act like she was "the be all and end all of dog trainers". Even said to me once, when Rakins was playing because he was bored witless, that 'she wasn't at all interested in the dog' - yes right, you do also train the handler but you STILL have to take into account the dog's nature etc.

jackienmutts

Honored Member
Wasn't interested in the dog??? :eek: Ummm, confused here, is that not why she's being paid? To be interested in the dog? :confused: So glad you were able to post your review - and you're right, if you stopped one person and dog from being treated like you were, then you did something good. How dare they call themselves "Positive Reinforcement". Good for you!!! (y)

MaryK

Honored Member
Wasn't interested in the dog??? :eek: Ummm, confused here, is that not why she's being paid? To be interested in the dog? :confused: So glad you were able to post your review - and you're right, if you stopped one person and dog from being treated like you were, then you did something good. How dare they call themselves "Positive Reinforcement". Good for you!!! (y)
Money taken under false pretenses??? Yes I was floored when she said that, thought I'd developed a hearing problem. Anyone could see Ra Kismet was BORED BORED BORED (so was I ) and that is why he was amusing himself, not because he's a bad dog! She said too 'did I have problems getting him to sit at home?" No way, he's always sat like an angel at home but then, neither is he bored witless at home either. I told her but she didn't believe me - tough! I know my dog! That happened the night we walked out half way through - I couldn't stand it any more and she was NOT going to drag/jerk my boy around either!:mad:

curls139

Yay - you have placed your criticism to the right audience, rather than speaking to the woman at the time where it would have only served to propel her deeper into thinking she was correct and you and Ra Kismet were not - think how many people will read that and think twice (two paws up from all the dogs of these owners (y) saying thank you!). One of the most effective ways to stamp out schools like this is to stop their custom, so they may ask .."hang on..are we doing something wrong here?". Good work