Things that ticked you off royally today

marieke

I was in a car accident on the high way this morning, totally unecessary.

I'm driving during rush hour which was extra busy because of bad weather. I have this woman really close behind me. So I wave at her to keep more distant which she doesn't. I cannot go faster and I cannot move to the right lane. All of a sudden traffic in front me brakes, I brake too. She sees it too late and hits me.

On a parking lot we met with the police. She said the guy behind her was pushing her and she felt rushed. Big Important Lesson here: don't let people behind you push you to drive any faster than you feel is safe... I guess she knows now :msniwonder:

Anyway, I didn't have much damage, just some scratches on the bumper. But the front of her car is damaged quite badly because she drove into my "trekhaak" (what's it called, that thing you use to pull a caravan).

So, what ticked you off today?

CollieMan

Experienced Member
So, what ticked you off today?
Waking up at 05:55 with a really really sore throat. Feb/March is proving to be a real crap period for colds, sore throats, and my chilblains of a couple of weeks ago. Bring on the Summer!

marieke

Hope you feel better soon. Eat lots of fruits!

I just came back from the damage experts. Apparenly my car is more damaged than I thought, they'll need two days to fix it. And I don't even have a "trekhaak". Didn't know that :msnblushing:

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Oh dear! Glad you're alright. Hope your car gets fixed quickly. =)
Hmm...well, nothing really ticked me off...just worried me, really.
My cousin is waiting for results from a biopsy to find out if he has cancer....
And my best friend who I've known for nearly 17 years will be moving 10 hours away for 18 months a few months from now.
But the rest of my day was rather good. =) Sorry you had a wreck! Glad everyone was okay, though. :)

E

emmasmamma

marieke- Glad you are alright.
collieman- I hear that a spoonful of raw honey is good for a sore throat. The honey has an antibacterial property. marieke is right about the fruit. It contains vitamin C which helps your body fight infection and heal.
tx_cowgirl-sworry to hear about your friend moving away. Even though it's not the same as being there, thank goodness for modern technology like telephones and instant messaging. If you don't mind, I'll keep your cousin in my prayers.

marieke

Jean;6201 said:
I go slower when people are up my ... of my car. Yes I'm ignorant. :dogsmile:
Hehe, I do that too sometimes. The closer they get, the slower I drive. Sometimes when there are not too many people on the road I lightly press the brake.

I'm an experienced driver. I drive about 5000-6000 km a month and I always pay good attention to things going on around me. Ãn Holland it's forbidden to pass cars on the right side so I never drive on the left lane for no good reason and I keep quite high speed on the left lane. People trying to push me up really piss me off and I certainly do not give them what they want. That only reinfoces their behaviour as we dog owners very well know :dogbiggrin: So as soon as they keep a safe distance I reward the good behaviour by letting them pass.

My car was quite a lot more damaged than I thought though. I took it to the garage and the damage expert said immediately: wow, they really hit you hard. There are no identations but part of the bumper was moved which I hadn't even noticed. They'll need two days to fix it.

marieke

I have sore muscles in my neck and shoulders and a green-and-yellow headachte. Must be the result of the accident. I had a meeting at work that lasted way too long and was all about boring stuff which we discuss every month. *sigh*

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Thank you Emmasmamma. :)
Lol, I do the same thing. If someone's on my bumper I go granny-speed until they pass me...or if I'm really in a terrible mood, I may not let them pass. ^-^; That's not very often, but I have done it. They do get off my bumper though. But I drive a big truck, so most people keep their distance anyway. Lol. :D
A friend of mine actually slams on his breaks(not taps) if someone's too close. And surprisingly enough, he's never been hit. Dangerous though. o-o Maybe someday he'll learn. Lol. :dogwub:

l_l_a

Marieke I'm so sorry to hear of your car accident!! Hope you are feeling better now.

I've had that happen to me too, in fact 2007 was my year of car accidents, seemed my car was in the repair shop every 3 - 4 months, but never once was it my fault, it was always other people ramming into my parked car (so thankfully when no one was inside) and once when my husband and I were in my car and we were ALREADY stopped at a red light, the car behind just simply kept on going....he didn't have insurance either so the cost of repairs had to come from my own insurance company which wasn't too happy....

I hope you feel better and your car gets sorted out. Even though your car may still be running fine, it's still a mighty inconvenience to have to go get the car repaired or get multiple quotes on the repairs. Body work on cars is so expensive - when I got rear ended the cost of fixing the dented bumper was several thousand dollars.

At least your dog wasn't in the car at the time! with my car having been hit so many times last year, I was so thankful that none of the times was my dog in it. I would fear that a dog could develop a phobia of being the in car if he was in when there was an accident. A dog who is phobic of the car would be real bad because then you can't take them places easily anymore.

marieke

Really some people should have their driverse license taken away... Fortunately for me I drive a company car so everything is taken care of. And I'm looking for a new one because this one is nearing 180.000 km and that's the limit for a company car. It's so nice to shop with boss' money :msnohyes: .

In Holland it's illegal to be uninsured so unless people use a fake number plate you'll always get paid by their insurance company.

So everybody: drive safe and be ware of traffic numbties out there!

marieke

It nearly 2 at night and I cannot sleep. I'm doubting if I should look for a new job because I'm not enjoying my current job so much anymore. Problem is that I didn't finish my bachelor studies communication management and that makes it hard to find the job I want. Actually, I'm not even sure if I want to do something in that area, I'm in sales now. The money and extra's (car, mobile phone, laptop etc.) are great but it's such a "fight" job. I don't mind hard working but it feels so unnatural. For a drop out sales is a great option but I'm ready to move on and every company is asking for a finished education on bachelors level. Even if it's not entirely relevant the fact that you finished it is important for them. And I changed jobs quite often already, never staying longer than 2 years. That doesn't make me look like a committed person, even though the job switches had nothing to do with that.

So now I'm searching for job openings in the middle of the night wondering if I should bear this job for a couple more years or not....

marieke

Well, not today but yesterday. I walked into a hotel for lunch and this pompous ass(expensive suit, arrogant look) threw his cigarette bud on the floor in the lobby and walked outside.

luna may

Listen to your gut feelings and go for it. They're almost always right. :doghappy:

P.S: I'm so sorry for not being around much... Forgive me :dogsad:

marieke

Guus isn't feeling well today. We just got back from obedience training where he threw up twice. He's timid, clingy, has a bit of a warm nose and in general just not his normal happy self.

marieke

Guus is doing better already luckily. Guess he just had a little cold. Right now he's begging for some of my pear.