The Idahoan Spuds

dogwyld

Hello, I am DogWyld and I have a 5-month golden retriever pup named Scout, and our team name is the Idahoan Spuds (jk).

Anyway, I grew up doing 4-H dogs and fell in love with dog training and the sport of dogs. I had a sheltie at the time, and was able to put a CD and NAJ on her before her seniority caught up with both of us :(

Anyway, I got bitten real hard at a young age. I spent the last year in Cali training service dogs--awesome! Learned a lot, but hey, I am always still learning. I decided it was time to pursue my path as a dog trainer and got myself my little pup.

I am interested in anything dog training, really, but we are taking things one step at a time. Currently, she is in training for conformation (scary step for me/us), obedience (doing awesome, sooooo tempted to put her out now, but I think waiting for more perfection and age is best), and agility. Not a huge fan of Rally.... I would love to do search and rescue some day, and we may try tracking once we've got a few of those other things under our belt. And of course, some day I must have a border collie and try my whack at herding.

Anyhoo, you may notice that Scout is learning lots of service dog skills. It is my hope that in the next few years that I may pool a bunch of people together and start a program that trains these special dogs. She would be a great demo dog.

YouTube - Puppy Prodigy!

And there's my brag video--only 14.5 weeks! Gosh, I miss those days of total innocence and malleability--these days I am looking adolescence right in the eye. LOL!:dogbiggrin:

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
NO FREAKIN WAY!! a BABY dog that can turn on/off lights!!?? I'm amazed!!

YOU ARE GOOD!!

But, llol, good luck with the adolescent sstage!! ha ha!! Keep coming back and enjoy!!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Feel free to post that video in some other thread, this one here, the welcome one, doesn't get a lot of att'n. I'm sure others would enjoy it!!

katz

Amazing at such an early age. I love working with dogs and hope to some day achieve what you aready have!