The Cop-cop Is Coming Along Great!

milesfullofsmiles

I just stopped using the book for Miles to stand on yesterday! Now, when I say "Let's cop-cop!" he rushes between my legs and puts both paws on my foot! I've tried doing it with bare feet, and he can still stand, but he scratches me a lot:rolleyes: so I think I'll stick to bulky running shoes for now, LOL. If he takes one foot off, I just say "Both paws!" and he puts it back on my foot. We are working on smaller steps now, but will work our way up to longer walks and bigger steps. I'm planning on mastering the trip and performing it at a family reunion in the middle of July, so it's a surprise right now. ;)

Thanks again for those great tips everyone, especially the book! I was getting NOWHERE before that!

southerngirl

Honored Member
That's great Miles is putting his feet on yours!! Yes keeping shoes on is a good idea not only does it keep your feet from being scratched, but it makes it easier for him to stay on.
I love your signature, those ears are so cute.

DaniG

Woo-hoo! Go Miles :D!!!

I'm teaching this one to Duke at the moment, and hadn't even thought to do it with shoes on - silly me! Good thing we're not REALLY to the point of his feet on mine (still getting him comfortable in between my legs), I guess I would have had pretty scratched up feet :whistle:

southerngirl

Honored Member
What did you use to make your siggy? I can do one in Photoshop but am I missing something here? How many pics can you fit?
just go to your signature and add three pictures from Photobucket(left click and pick copy image url) to the insert image button(left click than click on paste. you can add three photos and they will be side by side or you could add more, not sure what it would look like.

Honored Member
I'm teaching Holly cop-cop now.
We skipped the book part and she was already comfortable between my legs (between my legs is her safe place when we are out and she gets scared eg, at the park).

She is happy to put her feet on mine and me move my feet a bit after just one lesson (well two if you count the try we had about three weeks ago).
The only problem is she sits down with her front feet on my feet so I have to reach down and make her stand back up (if I touch her chest she stands up). I think she will learn that I want her standing resonably fast though so it wont be a problem for long ;)

milesfullofsmiles

I'm teaching Holly cop-cop now.
We skipped the book part and she was already comfortable between my legs (between my legs is her safe place when we are out and she gets scared eg, at the park).

She is happy to put her feet on mine and me move my feet a bit after just one lesson (well two if you count the try we had about three weeks ago).
The only problem is she sits down with her front feet on my feet so I have to reach down and make her stand back up (if I touch her chest she stands up). I think she will learn that I want her standing resonably fast though so it wont be a problem for long ;)
Miles also sits down/lays down sometimes, I've had the same problem.

milesfullofsmiles

I can't seem to add more than 3 pics.:cautious:
I guess if you just paste them into the signature editor you can only fit 3. It is definitely harder to make a signature with pics from scratch, but you can be a lot more creative. I made little blue bars to separate my pics. Using OmniGraffle, I probably could have fit more pics if I changed the length and width of the page, but I just stopped at 3...

Honored Member
Holly can do cop-cop now :D , we walked across the room. Everyone thought it was extremely cute.
I think Holly likes this trick!

And now that we are moving forward the sitting problem seems to be going away (I guess now she knows the entire trick she's realised why she needs to be standing). :)