Superman's Progress

jackienmutts

Honored Member
He truly is a doll-baby! Giggling ... red nose, clown shoes, rainbow wig :msngiggle: .... I could see him now, too cute!!

Wow, he's doing great .. maybe when your month is up and you're all finished with him, I could email you my dogs and you could get them marching like little soldiers? Hmmm??? :doghuh:

Just thinking of quick, fun tricks to teach while you still have him around : roll-over, holding a cookie on his nose is always fun and good for self-control, and cross-paws is fun too, not too hard to for you to teach or him to learn ... those were just three really fast suggestions.

Have fun while you have him around, he's a cutie-pie!! (and their little Cocker is cute too!!)

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Lol, he is very fun to work with. He's so silly you just can't help but enjoy his company, haha!!

LOL sure Jackie, email them on over. ^^
I am going to miss working with him. When he chills out he's a super sweet snuggler. He's always very eager to work! Maybe he's a Border Collie underneath it all. :D

charmedwolf

Staff member
Lol I can sooo see him in a clown costume! I love his markings for an English Setter. He looks like he is a riot to work with.

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Well, the Deucemeister and his family have moved. My last day to work with him, he really surprised me. When I got there, the family had the back door wide open(it's warm here already), and both dogs were playing happily outside. No one was running inside, no one darted in to greet me, they were perfectly content to hang out outside until invited inside.

Then, I wanted to see how they'd been doing with not jumping on the kiddos. So, they demonstrated to the hubby(who has been out of town for much of his training the last month or so) the exercise we'd been using. Deuce sat calmly at the wife's side while the youngest child walked up to him, petted him, jumped around, and other kid-stuff, and never jumped on him. Then I asked him to run at Deuce, full speed. (As excited kids will in any public place to see the puppy dog.) Again, he didn't jump...he even laid down! I was very surprised, and decided to see if he could do this with the leash at her feet, and then without the leash. Again, he never faltered. The husband was astonished and very proud of Deuce, and so was I. He did great.

So all in all, Deuce accomplished a lot and his family is very pleased with his progress. They are moving to a much more densely populated area, so he will be hunting and competing in field trials much less(more densely populated area=less space to practice=less practice=less experienced dog to enter in field trials). So, all the work on his manners is much appreciated and they are going to continue working with him and advancing all of his commands. He was a joy to work with and I can definitely say I am pleased with the level he progressed to while they were here.

jackienmutts

Honored Member
Oh, I know you're gonna miss your Deucemeister (cute!). He sounds like such a bright, fun dog to work with, and what progress he made! You've gotta feel so proud, and I know they must be so grateful to you. I'm sure they'll think of you every time he shows off his new manners ... as in, every single day! Good job!!

So now, about emailing my dogs over to you .... watch your box, they'll be there shortly..... :-)

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Lol yep I will miss him. ^^ He was definitely a lot of fun and I do feel proud. :dogbiggrin:

Haha! Just put "Jackie's Mutts" in the subject line and I'll download them right through the door and get to work. :D