Sundog And The Pacifier

Discussion in 'Dog Tricks' started by SD&B, Jun 22, 2012.

1. SD&B Experienced Member

Thanks to Dogster for this really cool trick!

I have to get a better picture, but I wanted to share this one. I got this today for Sundog. I think it must taste bad, since it smells pretty nasty to me. How do babies do it? Of course, I haven't done the boiling yet that the instructions said to do.

[IMG]

2. Mr-Remington Experienced Member

Aw, thats adorable! Sundog is just to cute holding the pacifier! This is on my list of tricks to teach.
    Dogster and SD&B like this.
  3. southerngirl Honored Member

That is so cute. Hmm.. I wonder if my sister would notice a missing pacifier(her daughters)
    Mr-Remington, SD&B and Dogster like this.
  4. Dogster Honored Member

Awwww!!!!! Post pics (and a video) when she knows the trick!!!!:) I can't wait to see it!!!!
    JazzyandVeronica and SD&B like this.
  5. SD&B Experienced Member

Sounds like a great option. I bet she wouldn't miss it, especially if they're a little older and moving around. I bet they lose stuff all the time ;)

Yeah, it felt weird standing in the aisle at Walmart looking at this stuff. There are so many options :confused:
    Dogster and Mr-Remington like this.
  6. SD&B Experienced Member

She's got it. I just need a better picture. She already had a good hold. I'll definitely post a good picture when I get it. Any suggestions on a cute video?
    Dogster likes this.
  7. Dogster Honored Member

I think her holding it would be very adorable..... How about a baby bonnet??? LOL:p:ROFLMAO:

Oh sorry, I was on the school computer. The picture didn't show up.:oops: It's ADORABLE, by the way!!!!!!!!!!!:love:
    SD&B likes this.
  8. SD&B Experienced Member

You nut! :D A baby bonnet would be adorable. (y) Thanks!

Now I just have to find one. :confused:
    Dogster likes this.
  9. Dogster Honored Member

Wrap a bandana around her head if you can't find one.:p
    SD&B likes this.
  10. Dogster Honored Member

I just:rolleyes: noticed. Shivon has that pacifier!!! I got a 2 pack:ROFLMAO:
    SD&B likes this.
  11. SD&B Experienced Member

That's a great backup plan. Wish I could sew :(
    Dogster likes this.
  12. SD&B Experienced Member

Yeah, I liked Shivon's and I didn't find anything I liked better. We also have Shivon's pink and purple one.

I don't think Sundog liked the taste at first. It did kinda' smell disgusting. :sick:
    Dogster likes this.
  13. dogcrazy Experienced Member

AWWW!!! Carmel knows that trick!! lol She has the same pacifier!!! (look at my signature):)
    SD&B and Dogster like this.
  14. SD&B Experienced Member

:D:D:D
    dogcrazy and Dogster like this.
  15. tigerlily46514 Honored Member

SQUEAL!! THIS TRICK *IS* JUST TOO TOO CUTE!!!

I DO HAVE TO TEACH THIS ONE!!! (leaves to buy pacifier..)

now, Dogster, where is that thread you had going on how to teach it?? Is it hard to teach?
    SD&B and Dogster like this.
  16. SD&B Experienced Member

I got some better pictures! (The first picture was with a flash. Hence, the squinty eyes.)

[IMG]

[IMG]
    tigerlily46514, dogcrazy and Dogster like this.
  17. Dogster Honored Member

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!:love: I love how she looks up at you!!!!:)

Tigerlily, it's not hard to teach at all. I don't think I posted a thread about it, if I did, I can't find it.:cautious: If your dog already knows how to hold things, then it will be simple to teach. I used the same method as Kikopup to teach this. Hold it, drop, increase the duration.:D
    tigerlily46514 and SD&B like this.
  18. sara Moderator

Heck, if I could actually get my hand off what I'm asking Oliver to hold without him dropping it instantly, we MIGHT actually be able to teach a trick like this! He just refuses!

"No Mom, mouth is for food, not other crap!"

That's going to be his new Motto, I swear to DOG!

I cant even get him to give me the ball directly to hand half the time... he much prefers to throw the ball for me to catch it:rolleyes: which is a cute trick, in and of itself, but it's NOT holding onto the ball until I ask for it... though he will do that 1/4 of the time, if I keep pestering him to do it! LOL
    tigerlily46514, SD&B and Dogster like this.