Discussion in 'Dog Tricks' started by Dlilly, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Dlilly Honored Member

I've finally taught Shiloh to do backward circles around me!

When I would try to lure Shiloh backwards she wouldn't turn her body. I have up on that trick months ago. Today I tried it again, and Just after one session she can do backward circles around me!

The reason we had trouble before was because I wasn't doing a good job of luring her around me. :p When I have time I'll make a video of her shaping off this trick. =]
    MaryK, 648117, dogcrazy and 2 others like this.

2. Dogster Honored Member

YAY!!!!! Congrats!!!!:D:D
    MaryK likes this.
  3. southerngirl Honored Member

Yay! That's great!! I love the feeling when your dog gets what your trying to teach them.
    MaryK and Dogster like this.
  4. dogcrazy Experienced Member

Yay! Congrats! Can't wait to see it!
    MaryK and Dogster like this.
  5. southerngirl Honored Member

I just started trying to teach Missy this. How did you lure her? I'm using one hand to get her to lure her backwards and the other to guide her in a circle. I'm hoping your way is easier than what I'm doing.
    MaryK likes this.
  6. TiflovesBCs Experienced Member

its easier to start teaching in an enclosed space so the circles are controlled. I've got a couple of sessions on my you tube of teaching Bella this, that is if you mean this one

Dont really know why i had to use books, was just following a tuitorial i had found
    Dlilly, MaryK, Dogster and 2 others like this.
  7. southerngirl Honored Member

Thank you Tif.:)
    MaryK likes this.
  8. MaryK Honored Member

Thank you Tif:)
  9. k9 crazed Experienced Member

Very Cool! So neat when it comes together for them!
  10. Dlilly Honored Member

I just lured her. I used my right hand for my right side then when she came to my left side I used my left hand when luring. I phased out the luring and now I use both hands. Im close to fading out my left hand so soon all I'll have to do is wave my right hand. Tomorrow I'll record it with my camera. :)
    southerngirl likes this.