Stuck On Hugging

Anneke

Honored Member
I have a vision of a new trick.
I want Jinx to hug my leg. I want to use this as the startposition in my freestyle frisbee routine, but....I have no idea how to get her to do this.
I have been trying to teach her to hug a closed umbrella or a stick, but she is scared of it. The stick fell over and hit her in the head by accident. Not hard, but enough to scare her. So now, every time I ask her to sit up and I bring the stick or imbrella in for her to hug, she will shy away.
She isn't scared of it, when I hold it out, so she can jump over it. Only when I hold it up vertically.
So I am trying to think of another way to teach her this.
Anybody have any ideas?

Linda A

Experienced Member
How about having her sit up and hug a soft toy, like a bunny, or something like that. Hopefully she will come to learn what 'hug' means and then you can generalize it to other things.

Anneke

Honored Member
I will be trying the hold a toy thing.
For now I just have her sit, sit-up and then I step in with my leg. She doesn't hug my leg, but puts both her paws up against my leg. For now that's fine.
Now my start is her sitting up against my leg, a twist and then I throw the frisbee. This looks good too, so if I can't get her to actually hug my leg, I'll leave it at this.
I'll see if I can make a vid of the whole thing. I'm uploading one of the sit-up against my leg now and post it as soon as it's done.;)