Stress Agility Video

charmedwolf

Staff member
That looks soo amazing. Kudos to the dogs and handlers for going through it. I know my k9s and I couldn't do it, mostly on my account (extreme fear of heights). You can tell in certain parts why it is called stress agility as the dog was clearly stressed but came through for his handler.

bekah1001

Honored Member
but i'd be to terrified for my dogs..especially the climbing part and climbing over the pile of barrels

sophie99

if i told my dog to do the first thing you did she wouldnt because she doesnt know she can touch them and i think that may be to high for her!

Anneke

Honored Member
It's all training. Those jumps probably weren't that high, when they first started.
We don't have a barrelrun like that. Would love to try it!!
That pile of barrels would be no problem for Jinx, as we come across pile of logs in the woods often and she will go over them without fear. (I do check if it is save for her to go over them)
Cooper is a little more carefull with that, but he would do it, with some encouragement.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
love it, but that one super-steep angle climbing didn't look that fun for a dog, imo, on the way DOWN again.... when he kind of/sort of got half-carried back down by his collar on the way back down of the super steep thing. But, maybe these are service or rescue dogs who will need to know how to do those things.

but the rest of it, how fun! How cute when at about 1:10 sec, in the background, one dog sticks his lil head out of between two barrels to see where he is!:ROFLMAO:

running_dog

Honored Member
Zac would actually love most of that course! He has lots of confidence with heights and scrambling - he often freaks me out by running up sloping trees and padding around above my head.

It would take a little while to get him confident over solid jumps and neither of us would do the vertical climb nor the steep descent :eek: . Though now I've seen this I think it might be fun to teach Zac to reverse down a ladder, I hadn't thought of that before, I've always just lifted him down.