Spoiled Dog Assignment

MaryK

Honored Member
Does a pile of wrecked soccer balls count? I've thrown out a load though, other wise it would be an impressive mountain. That's Zeus' favorite toy/entertainment, wrecking his little bro's soccer balls. Or wrecked tug toys?

Puppylove

These are just Gretel's indoor toys for this fortnight.... Indoor toys are rotated every two weeks, which means at the end of the fortnight I will put away these toys and take out another different bunch. Outdoor toys include: Home Alone, Kongs, football, soccer ball, basketball (I think there's a ball to cover each sport)

Toys.JPG

But I don't think she's spoiled :whistle:

Dogster

Honored Member
Holy!!!!!:eek::eek: And I thought Shivon had a lot of toys!!!:eek: Don't worry Puppylove, our dogs are definately NOT spoiled......:whistle:

Honored Member
I'm impressed with how intact all the toys are.
Most/all of Holly's toys are broken a bit. She likes to rip sqeekers out and most of her soft toys have had to be put in the trash. So she only has stuffing-less toys with holes in them where she removed the squeeker and her chew toys are all chewed and some of her toys are not really "toys" like her piece of PVC piping that she chews. Even her new bed has a little hole in it already.

She has a snake like the green one that Dogster has (except Holly's is orange and had 3 squeekers in it) they are supposed to be invincible and the squeekers can't be popped easily. She removed the rattle in the tail first (within an hour of being given it), then the tongue then she ripper a hole in the end squeeker section where the label was and ripped the squeeker out :eek: so now her snake has only two squeekers in it.

So Holly would have more toys if she didn't destroy them so quickly :cautious:

I'll take a picture later (also, I bought Holly a new traveling bag last week :whistle: ).

Evie

Experienced Member
Wow! I think Evie really loses this one :oops:

She has her semi-deflated soccer ball which she LOVES and carrys around everywhere when she wants to play. She has her 'bouncy' ball (tennis ball sized) which is for her only to play with when we go out (eg. to throw at the park) This toy isn't a home so toy that it doesnt get lost... Then she has a tug toy (which she was given second hand) and a squeeky rubber toy in a similar shape to the tug toy. Other than that she just has 'makeshift' toys like sticks, pinecones, empty toilet rolls, a sock which we tied a knot in the middle of so that she knows it's hers.... and that's it :/:unsure:

I think you better call the RSPCA. My dog is obviously neglected :(

Puppylove

[quote="Other than that she just has 'makeshift' toys like sticks, pinecones, empty toilet rolls, a sock which we tied a knot in the middle of so that she knows it's hers.... and that's it :/:unsure:
[/quote]

You're lucky! I wish I could give Gretel a sock to play with... She's the only dog that I've ever had that not only chews and destroys but also eats!!

If I give Gretel a sock, stick or pinecone she'll probably eat the whole thing...and then I'll have the job of going through her :poop: but I do give her boxes and toilet rolls

Dogster

Honored Member
Shivon groom her toys, she doesn't really try to destroy them. She's not a chewer, at all. She did destroy the skineez toys after a couple of months though...:p That's why she has so many toys, half of them are from when she was a puppy. I honestly didn't think they would last that long.O_o

Evie

Experienced Member
You're lucky! I wish I could give Gretel a sock to play with... She's the only dog that I've ever had that not only chews and destroys but also eats!!

If I give Gretel a sock, stick or pinecone she'll probably eat the whole thing...and then I'll have the job of going through her :poop: but I do give her boxes and toilet rolls

Lol Evie tears them to pieces, but she doesn't swallow. Just destroys and leaves one huge big mess behind lol

southerngirl

Honored Member
Missy feels so left out all she has is a chewed up fresbee. She gets one toy or two for christmas, they only last a few months maybe more if I keep them hidden when I'm not playing with her. Not having a job stinks:( I don't have money to buy her toys.

MaryK

Honored Member
Ra Kismet only wants one toy - his soccer ball! Plus a small ball for inside play, which means dropping the ball into my lap as an announcement he's going to sit on my lap. Zeus only likes toys he can thieve - mens jocks with the odd dirty sock thrown in for good measure! I refuse to photograph them!:eek:

Can see though there are a lot of very unspoiled dogs :giggle::giggle: Look as if they are ready for the next local jumble sale, LOVELY CLEAN HARDLY CHEWED TOYS FOR SALE - Outgrown by owners!