So glad to find this website

alix

I am originally from Montreal Canada, but living in Germany. I lost my 15 years old Scottish Terrier and 16 years old Pekenese this year, it was simply the most difficult thing I had to go through.

Although I had decided not to have new babies for a while to make my trips back and forth easier, I just couldn't live without one, so now I have 2 stubborn Scotties, brother and sister. My babies are now 6 months old, and I am hoping that through this website I can achieve in having calmer and more obedient doggies. There is so much info here, so for a little while I will probably just read everything.

oh, and I also have a fresh water Aquarium, African chichlids :msntongue:

Nice to be here :dogsmile:

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Bonjour Alix!

:welcome: to the Academy! I'm glad that you find the website informative and useful, this is why it was built! :D If you have any questions, feel free to ask .. we're all here to help you!

bipa

Hey alix, glad to see you made it! Will be fun to have another terrier person here. :dogsmile:

alix

Bonjour à toi aussi Jean, it sure is nice to be here.

Special thanks to Bipa who talked highly of this community and the training session :msnparty:

and Collieman, I agree, Chichlids can be agressive but they have spunky characters and very unique.:dogbiggrin:

E

emmasmamma

Welcome Alix! Iknow what you mean about losing a pet being difficult. I lost my 12 1/2 year old toy poodle on Dec. 21, 2006. My youngest child (daughter) moved out on Dec. 17. Talk about empty nest syndrome! I was carrying around a teddy bear just because I didn't have Buttons to hug. Mind you I was 43 years old at the time! I had bought Emma by the end of the year. I picked her name because I read that it means "whole, complete and healing". I'm not sure how things would have gone if I didn't have her. She does so much to brighten each day!:dogbiggrin:

storm22

Experienced Member
losing pets is the hardest aint it, we quite often rehome older dogs and you get attached in some way or another

alix

Thanks Emmasmama and Storm22 for your sympathy of my recent past. In the real world you get a lot of strange looks when mourning for your pet, I have had comments like, "it's been a month already, get over it, she was only a dog". It is only in communities such as this one that we can be understood. I am really glad I have found this place :)

storm22

Experienced Member
im still not really over my bullie (bull terreir) when he died about 6years ago whenever i see a bullie i miss him and would have another walking vet bill (alot of bullie owners call them that lolz) if one came up but other dogs need homes too so we stick to rescueing most but i will say i bought storm and my mum got to choose the next bought dog but my dream is still to come