Single Dog Owners

GEORGE'SDAD

And I might add, it's a BIG doggie door!!! I weigh about 215lbs and I am almost 6 feet tall, and i can fit through the door with ease. People had asked me "aren't you worried about someone comming through that dog door and robbing your house?" And my response is always, "Would you rob a house with a dog door that size?" :p:D:LOL::ROFLMAO:!!!

GEORGE'SDAD

Max uset to be so bad that you had to either kennel him or take hime with you even if you were just going to the mail box, or he would shred furniture, clothes, electronics, whatever he could get his teeth on, it was destroyed!!!:mad::cautious:

Anneke

Honored Member
I actually started my dogwalking business, because a friend of mine wanted to get a dog, but was working 8 hours a day. Because I wasn't working at that time, I offered to walk her dog.
Donja was with me more than she was with her owner for the first 3 months of her life, actually. Due to problems at work, my friend could take the time off, that she had planned when she got her dog. So all of a sudden she had an 8 week old pup, that she had no time for.
Donja is 7 years old now and she is still my girl:D I don't have to walk her anymore, because my friend moved back home with her parents as she is diagnosed with MS.
But almost all of my clients work, so that's where I come in and pick up the dogs from their homes. I drive to the woods and take them on an hours walk.

My own dogs stay at home. Cooper used to come with me, when I had dogs that he could get along with, but as his behaviour got worse, he stayed home. Back then I would be away for about 2 hours. Jinx used to come with me every day, but since her last heat, I decided to leave her at home. Cooper doesn't like it when I leave him home alone(he doesn't distroy anything or whines or barks, but he is just sad)
They weren't alone for more than 4 hours in a row. But, now I am filling in for a colleague, who is pregnant and is having healthissues because of that. So now they are home alone for 6 hours, then my boyfriend comes home and takes them out for an hour.
We don't have a yard, but they do have the run of the house.
This will be temporary, but it will last for at least 6 months. I like the money coming in, but I hate that I now hardly have time for my dogs. And it will get a little worse, because of vacation time. I will be working 10 hours a day:eek: for a couple of weeks.

My neighbour has two dogs, he is single and works in shifts. His dogs are left alone for about 9 hours in a row.