Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by cookie06, Apr 5, 2012.

1. cookie06 New Member

i am frm india.......i have recently adopted a pupy pug (y) . Her name is cookie, she is three months old & now i am trying to train her,she only knows to do up and go to latrine by herself. And i am trying my best to train her properly and have joined this academy for this reason :)
    tigerlily46514 likes this.

2. sara Moderator

Welcome to the DTA!

You'll find alot of info on this forum :)
  3. mewzard Experienced Member

hi welcome!
  4. TiflovesBCs Experienced Member

Hello Welcome to DTA :)
  5. Dogster Honored Member

WELCOME!!!!!! :LOL: I'm SOOO GLAD you decided to join!!!! Do you plan on teaching Cookie tricks, agility????? Do you use a clicker????? Here, we all train using positive reinforcement.:)
    If you have any questions, just ask!!!! We'll be HAPPY to answer!!!!:D
  6. southerngirl Honored Member

Welcome, what a cute name. My mom and me love pugs, they are wonderful dogs and so cute. Good Luck with your new pup. Oh and if you don't have a clicker, not sure if there are clickers in India if not you can use a pen that clicks loud enough for Cookie to hear. Using a clicker makes training so much easier I didn't use to use one but know that I have one it has made training my dog Missy so much easier.
    Dogster likes this.
  7. Dlilly Honored Member

Welcome to DTA!!

I think it's great you have adopted your dog!! Both of my dogs are rescues too. ;)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here! Everyone on this forum is super friendly, and we all use positive methods!
    cookie06, Dogster and southerngirl like this.
  8. tigerlily46514 Honored Member

Dogster likes this.
  9. cookie06 New Member

thanks frndzzz!!!!! and yes we dont get clikers in india
    Dogster likes this.