Shopping Cart Trick!!!!! :)

TiflovesBCs

Experienced Member
hmmm have you tried from a stand then paws up maybe rather than a sit then paws up.
I wanna try this but i need to find a trolley

just looked and there are soo many different ones out there for sale

Dogster

Honored Member
I'm trying from a standing position but she just doesn't want to do it. I have been trying to get her used to paws up on my arm from a standing position before I move to the shopping cart. Would this work????:)

Dogster

Honored Member
Haha thanks!!!!! I told her to staaaay.... and she just gave me a look as if to say "You want me to stay on THAT thing?!?!?!? Are you nuts?!?!?!" LOL!!!!:ROFLMAO:

SD&B

Experienced Member
I'm starting the shopping cart trick with Shivon!!!!:D She only does it from a sitting position, but we're working on it!!!! This was her first session:
View attachment 842
View attachment 843
View attachment 844

If anyone has any ideas as to how to teach this from a standing position, or brags, or anything:p feel free to post!!!!
I had access to a shopping cart for a few hours when I took Sundog to a Pet Expo. The key was that the shopping cart was sized appropriately and she learned it very quickly. I think your shopping cart might be too small and Shivon might not be comfortable standing with her paws on it?

SD&B

Experienced Member
I'm starting the shopping cart trick with Shivon!!!!:D She only does it from a sitting position, but we're working on it!!!! This was her first session:
View attachment 842
View attachment 843
View attachment 844

If anyone has any ideas as to how to teach this from a standing position, or brags, or anything:p feel free to post!!!!
Oh, I forgot to mention that you might want to try it on carpet? If it rolls a bit less easily, Shivon will feel more control. She'll be able to get a better feel for the standing position. I'm glad to see a weight in there. Otherwise, she might flip it. Sundog almost flipped the one that was sized closer to her a couple of times, but luckily I kept contact with it and prevented that.

Regardless, she is cute as heck sitting there.

Dogster

Honored Member
Thank you for the advice!!!!! That is a temporary shopping cart. I'm trying to find a better one.:D I think I'm gonna start with a poll (pool noodle:p) then move it, then move on to the shopping cart (she is reluctant to put her paws on it from a standing position)

MaryK

Honored Member
And it's got a pink handle too:LOL: That's fantastic news, so glad you finally found a suitable shopping cart and for free - the very best price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!