Shopping Cart Trick!!!!! :)

Discussion in 'Dog Tricks' started by Dogster, May 11, 2012.

1. Dogster Honored Member

I'm starting the shopping cart trick with Shivon!!!!:D She only does it from a sitting position, but we're working on it!!!! This was her first session:

If anyone has any ideas as to how to teach this from a standing position, or brags, or anything:p feel free to post!!!!

2. TiflovesBCs Experienced Member

hmmm have you tried from a stand then paws up maybe rather than a sit then paws up.
    I wanna try this but i need to find a trolley

just looked and there are soo many different ones out there for sale
    tigerlily46514 and Dogster like this.
  3. Dogster Honored Member

I'm trying from a standing position but she just doesn't want to do it. I have been trying to get her used to paws up on my arm from a standing position before I move to the shopping cart. Would this work????:)
    southerngirl and tigerlily46514 like this.
  4. TiflovesBCs Experienced Member

maybe also try against walls. like on my trick video where i did it with Bella, it was a test to see if she would and she did so it might work.
  5. Dogster Honored Member

Thanks for the advice Tif!!!!:D
    tigerlily46514 likes this.
  6. tigerlily46514 Honored Member

i got no idea, but, Shivon looks so so cute sitting there with her cart, i busted out laffin!! WAY TOO CUTE!!!
    Dogster and dogcrazy like this.
  7. dogcrazy Experienced Member

Shivon you are so cute sitting by that cart!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope Carmel is as good as Shivon when she tries it out at Dogsters house!!:)
    Dogster and tigerlily46514 like this.
  8. Dogster Honored Member

Haha thanks!!!!! I told her to staaaay.... and she just gave me a look as if to say "You want me to stay on THAT thing?!?!?!? Are you nuts?!?!?!" LOL!!!!:ROFLMAO:
    tigerlily46514 likes this.
  9. SD&B Experienced Member

I had access to a shopping cart for a few hours when I took Sundog to a Pet Expo. The key was that the shopping cart was sized appropriately and she learned it very quickly. I think your shopping cart might be too small and Shivon might not be comfortable standing with her paws on it?
    Dogster and tigerlily46514 like this.
  10. SD&B Experienced Member

Oh, I forgot to mention that you might want to try it on carpet? If it rolls a bit less easily, Shivon will feel more control. She'll be able to get a better feel for the standing position. I'm glad to see a weight in there. Otherwise, she might flip it. Sundog almost flipped the one that was sized closer to her a couple of times, but luckily I kept contact with it and prevented that.

Regardless, she is cute as heck sitting there.
  11. Sara Carson Experienced Member

I have that shopping cart ahaha!
    dogcrazy, Dogster and tigerlily46514 like this.
  12. Dogster Honored Member

Thank you for the advice!!!!! That is a temporary shopping cart. I'm trying to find a better one.:D I think I'm gonna start with a poll (pool noodle:p) then move it, then move on to the shopping cart (she is reluctant to put her paws on it from a standing position)
  13. Dlilly Honored Member

I think her just sitting there with her paws on the cart is pretty impressive!!!! This is one cool trick!
    Dogster likes this.
  14. Dogster Honored Member

Okay, I FINALLY found a shopping cart that is perfect for Shivon.:D (And it was free!!!:)) It's about 90 cm tall, up to my waist.

It doesn't look that great now, but we'll fix it up to lok as good as new!!:)
  15. MaryK Honored Member

And it's got a pink handle too:LOL: That's fantastic news, so glad you finally found a suitable shopping cart and for free - the very best price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SD&B and Dogster like this.
  16. SD&B Experienced Member

That shopping cart is going to be far more stable than your previous one. She'll be pushing that in no time. It looks perfect!
    MaryK and Dogster like this.