Shoot My Pug Trick Ha

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Francis, great to meet you and your pug. Nice video. I think she responds very well to your hand signals, very visual!

francis

Hey
Ya shes mad.Still find it hard to get her to pee outside and stop pullin at my pants.
Thanks

Pants pulling thing

lizzyrd

Experienced Member
Very cute pug! My Chimera pulls on my pants too :dogblink: Its a little cute but she actually ripped a hole in my jeans with her tiny, sharp teeth. Please post how if you get your girl to stop! LOL

francis

Ya i found it easy to train her by watchin u tube and startin with the basic tricks and my own hand signals..I am going to try a spray bottle of water to c if i can get her to stop eating my pants..Their the type of dog if she stops pulling and i give her a treat for stopping she thinks if she keeps pulling and stopping she will get a treat....sly

mewzard

Experienced Member
Wow i've been teaching Oka the /bang/ trick for 2 months but i still can't get her to do it from a sit let alone a stand! - i think it's because she's so big.

Lol smart one then! Oka did this re jumping at my kitchen counters.
It went;
Oka jumps up
Me; Oka off
she jumps down
me; good girl *treat*
Oka thinks, looks at me, jumps up, waits a millisecond, jumps down, nudges my hand, sits looking at me for a treat....
me; uhhh don't think thats gonna work.

That the only time ive used a 'negative' training meathod - stones in a tin can - 5 shakes later and she's never jumped up again

srdogtrainer

Experienced Member
Wow i've been teaching Oka the /bang/ trick for 2 months but i still can't get her to do it from a sit let alone a stand! - i think it's because she's so big.
Have you started this trick from the down...and now you are just trying to get her to do it from various positions. If not I would recommend starting that way.

Maybe if you started her in a down try getting her to do it on a bed or somewhere that is very comfortable.
(My Golden River struggles with this one for a while.)

mewzard

Experienced Member
Have you started this trick from the down...and now you are just trying to get her to do it from various positions. If not I would recommend starting that way.

Maybe if you started her in a down try getting her to do it on a bed or somewhere that is very comfortable.
(My Golden River struggles with this one for a while.)
I started it from a down, then have been trying to get her to do it from a sit...with a tiny bit of success e.g. she'd slowly go into a down then on her side. I have also found that she doesn't always do trick if she doesn't see a point in them
....hence why she doesn't do "speak"

I'll try with a blanket under her or something, she was at the time of trying it from a sit, quite lean - i don't think that helped. Thanks for the tip!