Senior Dog

southerngirl

Honored Member
My fifteen year old dog, Chase has not eaten in three days it's starting to worry me. Lately he has been eating one meal a day instead of two like he used to cause he'll take the whole day to eat a bowl. He's half Lab so he has always been a big eater. I often call him a garbage can cause he eats anything given to him. Does anyone have any ideas to why he has not been eating and if so what can I do to get his appetite back. Please help.

running_dog

Honored Member
If my dog had eaten nothing for 3 days with no obvious explanation and could not be tempted with his favourite foods and liquids I would take him to the vets for a check up.
Is he still drinking water? If not he'll be dehydrated too...
I hope you manage to get Chase sorted out.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
oh, i'd be worried too, i hope he is okay. I think i'd go to the vet. I sure hope your dog is okay, keep us posted, we're rooting for you.

southerngirl

Honored Member
My mom suggested for me to take his bowl out of my brothers bathroom, were he eats. So I just put it in my brothers bedroom and he ate. :LOL: I'm so happy he finally ate he's so old I'm scared of losing him I grew up with Chase and dread the day he goes. I'm so thankful he's okay. Thank you running_dog and tigerlily for your comments.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
OH WHEW!!! OH YAY!!! Yes, with senior dogs, it's easy to get very concerned with any change.
well, go figure, i wonder what that was all about!!? ha ha, i'm SO GLAD your dog is all right!! yesssssssssss!

southerngirl

Honored Member
Thank you tigerlily I'm thinking maybe he wanted to be with someone while eating his food, my other dog Missy is the same way she won't eat by herself I have to be with her when she eats. Not sure why Chase started he's never had a problem eating in the bathroom before.