Say Your Prayers/Pray a Little Harder

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
I think a good addition as an advancement to the "Say Your Prayers" would be "Pray a Little Harder." The say your prayers command can be getting the dog to place its front paws on a bed, table, etc, and either tilt its head slightly up or lay its head on its paws. The pray a little harder command has the dog dip its nose down between its front legs a little, as if to bow its head. Very cute and a neat way to jazz up this trick. If you need a video for this I can try to get one, although it may not be very soon. I have just started getting my Border Collie, Mud, to start learning this. I haven't quite finished yet and kind of hit a roadblock because I haven't had much time on my hands lately. If you'd like me to get a video of this I can try to get one as soon as possible. :dogsmile:

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Wow that is extremely odd - I just messaged you about this at the exact same time you posted this. Talk about weird stuff.

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Lol, it's a very neat trick. I like it. Mud and I have been working on it, and she's doing great so far.

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Lol. ^^ Think the end result will probably be a bedtime sequence. The command, "Bedtime," signaling a yawn, "Time to say your prayers," for the initital prayer, "You should probably pray a little harder," for the bow, and "Alright, time for bed," to roll herself up in a blanket. :doghappy:

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
xD Now that'd be interesting. Nah, I brush her teeth...not sure how she'd do it on her own. :dogblink:

l_l_a

ad then you can train her to pull her blanket over herself, like tucking herself into bed!

ginauk84

Have taught these two tricks to Diz, when you say amen she lifts her head up from the prayer. You can see both on the following vid:

[media]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NNsIGgoQjpE[/media]

At the 1min19 mark

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Nice Rope Jumping!! Someone on this forum asked me a while back on how to do it, maybe you can help them. :)

Love the video tho! I like her Shy too.

l_l_a

your dogs are amazing! :) I think my favorite trick was pulling the blanket over himself! that is just soooooo cute!!

ginauk84

Oh it's one of Dizzy's favs too I have to tell her firmly to wait as she's already trying to tuck her in before I have had a chance to set the trick up lol!

szecsuani

Experienced Member
You did a really amazing work with your dogs.
I ecpecially liked the two legged tricks that Cascade did. How long have you been doing canine freestyle with her (her, right?)?

ginauk84

Yes her, since around about 2002, took me ages to get her going anywhere near my legs as she is a rescue and must have been kicked at some point in her past.

ginauk84

Thanks

I use a clicker with Cas (white rescue collie), Ember (sheltie) and Rum (sable collie) but I don't with Diz, well a little but she was just treat trained for the first 4 years of her life so she isn't brilliant with free time etc. however I do use a clicker to mark the good behaviour.

Cas just didn't get normal treat training but as soon as I introduced the clicker, everything just clicked into place with her - was amazing to see the difference.