River mastered a new trick!

srdogtrainer

Experienced Member
River has been working on this trick for a while. He has had the conceptdown for a while but we have worked on it more, and yesterday he performed it completely for the very first time.

CHeck out River's new amazing trick on you tube. :dogsmile:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4CJl80gtkg[/media]

srdogtrainer

Experienced Member
Thanks! I will say about 2 1/2 weeks. I don't remember exactly when we started it and we didn't work on it everyday. The hardest part was the base step because that is the one we started on. Once we got that is was easier for River except that all the steps above that are taller. The last step was also a challenge because it has such a thick lip on the top of the steps. Once River understood the concept and figured out the greatest reward came at the top of the steps we back chained and the rest was a whole lot easier. River now LOVES this trick and I think he would be motivated enough to do it even with out a cookie at the end. We were working on a tutorial of this trick today and he kept whining if I told him to wait as I readjusted the camera.
I will post the tutorial on this thread fairly soon, assuming there are no technical difficulties!